Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brisbane And Motorsport.

Featured Replies

  • Author

That's not so bad.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 60.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys, I know I said I'd do a how to, but I've been busy.

 

As far as car clubs go, do a bit of research. Some clubs cost up to twice as much as others to join. MG being a case in point.

 

I belong to NDSCC, and am a past member of HSCCQ. Both are great grass roots clubs, that are fairly active, with a reasonable membership fee.

 

NDSCC: More a rally based club, but also run motorkhanas mainly on the northside. HSCCQ does a lot of motorkhanas and khanacrosses. Both are good friendly clubs. If you're down the coast, Gold Coast Tweed Motorsport Club would also be worth a look.

 

CAMS licence: Level 2S which will get you doing any type of club motorsport: Pay your money and start playing. When/ if you want to Rally/ Off Road/ Circuit Race (That's race, not club sprints) then you require an upgrade and things get a little more complicated.

 

Just because you join one club, doesn't mean you can't go and do events that another club are holding. About the only exception I know of this are the NDSCC motorkhanas which tend to be "closed" events, and therefore only open to club members.

 

Lakeside: Be VERY careful of this place. It's very easy to take your car home as a small cube. It;'s an old school race track that is not forgiving to the inexperienced. Willowbank for all it's boringness is a far safer track due to its huge runoff areas. Lakesiode doesn't really have runoff areas. It has concrete walls, and there's not a lot of space if you run out of talent. Hugely rewarding when you get it right though.

Yeah from speaking to the HSCC guys they are good. don't care what youve got as long as your not an idiot at the events. They have come and try days too where anyone is welcome even n00bs like me haha.

 

heres a video of me in my silvia at one at QR

EDIT: its not usually wet it just happened to be after a good nights rain... so much more fun :)

Edited by NinjaMekanik

  • Author

Sorry guys, I know I said I'd do a how to, but I've been busy.

 

As far as car clubs go, do a bit of research. Some clubs cost up to twice as much as others to join. MG being a case in point.

 

I belong to NDSCC, and am a past member of HSCCQ. Both are great grass roots clubs, that are fairly active, with a reasonable membership fee.

 

NDSCC: More a rally based club, but also run motorkhanas mainly on the northside. HSCCQ does a lot of motorkhanas and khanacrosses. Both are good friendly clubs. If you're down the coast, Gold Coast Tweed Motorsport Club would also be worth a look.

 

CAMS licence: Level 2S which will get you doing any type of club motorsport: Pay your money and start playing. When/ if you want to Rally/ Off Road/ Circuit Race (That's race, not club sprints) then you require an upgrade and things get a little more complicated.

 

Just because you join one club, doesn't mean you can't go and do events that another club are holding. About the only exception I know of this are the NDSCC motorkhanas which tend to be "closed" events, and therefore only open to club members.

 

Lakeside: Be VERY careful of this place. It's very easy to take your car home as a small cube. It;'s an old school race track that is not forgiving to the inexperienced. Willowbank for all it's boringness is a far safer track due to its huge runoff areas. Lakesiode doesn't really have runoff areas. It has concrete walls, and there's not a lot of space if you run out of talent. Hugely rewarding when you get it right though.

 

Wow, thanks so much Redwarf! The Gold Coast Tweed Motorsport Club sounds like it could be a winner for me, being from Byron Bay.

Cheers for the info on CAMS licence too, I was feeling like it would be alot more of a headache.

Much appreciated man.

GCT are a good bunch of guys. They do a fair few motorkhana's and khanacrosses as well as organize the odd rally. (Officialling for a rally is a great way to get up and close to the action).

 

Their khanacrosses at Parklands are legendary.

  • Author

I would be interested in rally but my setup isn't exactly ideal. 8 and 6kg springs, dampers to match and a weldy...

It would be great to get into later on when I can afford a different setup and an LSD.

Parklands has been shut down :( It was over the road from uni.

There building shit all over it.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.