Brisbane And Motorsport.

Willis

Hey guys, not sure if this should be in the QLD/Brisbane regional section or not but I did drift matsuri at QR recently and it's safe to say that I'm hooked on driving my car hard. Just wondering what kind of events and venues people are attending around the Brisbane area? I know QR hosts a bunch of stuff but wondering what people do other than drift and circuit/sprint. I'd be really keen to get into some gymkhana, hillclimbs etc, anything that's not offroad really.

Would also like to know about scrutineering and regulations etc for these events. Just really keen to get out there and drive as much as possible so if there's anything you've driven lately or would like to drive in future, I'd very much like to know about it.

Cheers guys :)

EDIT: I should also say I'm not confined to just Brisbane, if there's anything that's within a couple of hours, I'd make the mission. I live in Byron Bay so it's still 2 hours south of Brisbane itself. Any which direction is fine. North, South, West, whatever :)

Edited by Willis

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can join a series if your car fits the rules of one, however unless its built for a class it may not be as competitive as you might like.

You can join a sporting car club, and this opens up a lot of options for khana days, hillclimbs, track days, rally etc and is a good way to meet other rabid car people and get more ideas. I believe rollaclub members around Brisbane are often members of the NDSCC for example.

http://www.ndscc.asn.au/

You can go to Willowbank and drag race too. Its not a hard thing to get into, as I understand it, you can race almost any car in a handicapped competition.

If you want to do rallying, this takes a more concerted effort to develop a good gravel car. Perhaps not for the casual dabbler.

Hey thanks for that LittleRed, I'm just looking for anywhere I can throw my car around and have fun. Being competitive is the least of my worries. I could come last for the rest of my life as long as I'm having fun out there!

Cheers for the reply mate!