Brisbane And Motorsport.

Willis

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys, I know I said I'd do a how to, but I've been busy.

As far as car clubs go, do a bit of research. Some clubs cost up to twice as much as others to join. MG being a case in point.

I belong to NDSCC, and am a past member of HSCCQ. Both are great grass roots clubs, that are fairly active, with a reasonable membership fee.

NDSCC: More a rally based club, but also run motorkhanas mainly on the northside. HSCCQ does a lot of motorkhanas and khanacrosses. Both are good friendly clubs. If you're down the coast, Gold Coast Tweed Motorsport Club would also be worth a look.

CAMS licence: Level 2S which will get you doing any type of club motorsport: Pay your money and start playing. When/ if you want to Rally/ Off Road/ Circuit Race (That's race, not club sprints) then you require an upgrade and things get a little more complicated.

Just because you join one club, doesn't mean you can't go and do events that another club are holding. About the only exception I know of this are the NDSCC motorkhanas which tend to be "closed" events, and therefore only open to club members.

Lakeside: Be VERY careful of this place. It's very easy to take your car home as a small cube. It;'s an old school race track that is not forgiving to the inexperienced. Willowbank for all it's boringness is a far safer track due to its huge runoff areas. Lakesiode doesn't really have runoff areas. It has concrete walls, and there's not a lot of space if you run out of talent. Hugely rewarding when you get it right though.

Yeah from speaking to the HSCC guys they are good. don't care what youve got as long as your not an idiot at the events. They have come and try days too where anyone is welcome even n00bs like me haha.

heres a video of me in my silvia at one at QR

EDIT: its not usually wet it just happened to be after a good nights rain... so much more fun :)

Edited by NinjaMekanik

Sorry guys, I know I said I'd do a how to, but I've been busy.

As far as car clubs go, do a bit of research. Some clubs cost up to twice as much as others to join. MG being a case in point.

I belong to NDSCC, and am a past member of HSCCQ. Both are great grass roots clubs, that are fairly active, with a reasonable membership fee.

NDSCC: More a rally based club, but also run motorkhanas mainly on the northside. HSCCQ does a lot of motorkhanas and khanacrosses. Both are good friendly clubs. If you're down the coast, Gold Coast Tweed Motorsport Club would also be worth a look.

CAMS licence: Level 2S which will get you doing any type of club motorsport: Pay your money and start playing. When/ if you want to Rally/ Off Road/ Circuit Race (That's race, not club sprints) then you require an upgrade and things get a little more complicated.

Just because you join one club, doesn't mean you can't go and do events that another club are holding. About the only exception I know of this are the NDSCC motorkhanas which tend to be "closed" events, and therefore only open to club members.

Lakeside: Be VERY careful of this place. It's very easy to take your car home as a small cube. It;'s an old school race track that is not forgiving to the inexperienced. Willowbank for all it's boringness is a far safer track due to its huge runoff areas. Lakesiode doesn't really have runoff areas. It has concrete walls, and there's not a lot of space if you run out of talent. Hugely rewarding when you get it right though.

Wow, thanks so much Redwarf! The Gold Coast Tweed Motorsport Club sounds like it could be a winner for me, being from Byron Bay.

Cheers for the info on CAMS licence too, I was feeling like it would be alot more of a headache.

Much appreciated man.

GCT are a good bunch of guys. They do a fair few motorkhana's and khanacrosses as well as organize the odd rally. (Officialling for a rally is a great way to get up and close to the action).

Their khanacrosses at Parklands are legendary.