Ke20/25 Front Guards

TOMMYS Ke 11

Members dont see this ad

Go have a look if you can, it's a mixed bunch... Was something like heaps of one side but not the other

and heaps of early or late models for ke20/ke25's.... some are good, some need work. was told they are

genuine and its possible but my gut feeling says aftermarket. Are you after one side or a pair? Early or late?

Edited by styler

Hi there Styler i have a 1973 ke25 that is about to get the full treatment and was looking for both guards and 2 better doors if i can get hold of any other wise i wiil repair the ones i have. There just a little to far away to have a look as we live in Swan Hill Victoria they addvertise they are genuine NOS Toyota guards and have both in stock???. Thats why i was wondering if anyone has brought any from them and can vouch for there quality before i go and order them.

Cheers:- Stuart.

Ok.

Went through about 30 of them, was told they were NOS and could be but could also likely be old aftermarket in my opinion.

They are old either way, some have surface rust and some have quite a few dings or scratches but they are light and easily fixed,

not perfect or new by any stretch of the imagination, each piece varies in condition.

There was from memory:

few late passenger side

many late driver side

few early passenger side

few early driver side

few te27 style ones

Early and late can be interchanged:

Early > Late:

Fit later corner garnish and cut out hole for side indicator.

Late > Early:

Weld up side hole for indicator and cut out hole for early corner garnish.

Te27 style ones have a fender mirror hole and the side indicator hole is much higher up.

Now just be careful as they do vary in condition, some are warped and some have actual proper rust

not just surface rust and others have more than a few dents but hey it's rare stuff and the price reflects

that so it seems.

It's not a listed part number or an off the shelf regular item, it's more like an inspection purchase of sorts.

Edited by styler

Sorry Styler, bit stunned. By TE27 style you mean the guard lips are not there and instead are pressed to accept the bolt on flare?

May be asking a bit much, but can you recall the condition of these and whether there was passenger and driver available? My experience with Phil's is that receiving info remotely is pretty unreliable......

Hmmm can't fully remember but I presumed te27 as there was a fender mirror hole pre drilled and the side

indicator was much higher up than early / late ke25. Could be a aftermarket version of te27 made from the

blank though ie same pattern but different holes not sure.