Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Granny's Ride Ke30. It's Alive!

Featured Replies

I bought the Rolla from a family, who left their parent's car in the garage of an estate for years. Car had great interior, body in decent shape, and minimal rust, aside from the battery leaking acid onto metal. Corolla came with a 3kc 4 speed, which had 25,000 miles. I was suspicious of that, until I cleaned the jets on the rebuilt carb the car already had. Car runs like it just came out of the dealership new! I just wanted to share the journey of my find.

 

78 Corolla $800

Paint and body $400 (good paint shop)

Baby supra 13x5.5 front 13x8 rear $100

Wrapped in kumho 175/70/13 front futura 205/60/13 rear free

Suspension lowering $35 king springs free

post-15580-0-69346800-1351021953_thumb.jpg

post-15580-0-23660800-1351021994_thumb.jpg

post-15580-0-51463100-1351022024_thumb.jpg

post-15580-0-35373900-1351022046_thumb.jpg

post-15580-0-48167600-1351022080_thumb.jpg

Excellent score! Any plans for it? Were the bumpers attached too?

  • Author

More pics to come soon. Right now I just got the car street ready. Bumpers will stay off. I got a great working 3k, but no power, so the lighter the better. I got a Puerto Rican buddy working on the 3tc complete with trans for 300 bucks. It will be a mild build for daily driving, but it will be built right. Until then the 3k is fun. It's funny I power washed the motor and the car ran smoother and faster?

  • Author

A buddy of mine has a paint shop. He paints taxis as his bread and butter job. I don't think the car is painted Toyota super white. I think it's taxi super white. Can't beat a 400 dollar paint job with good paint.

That's mad!

Are they just stock wheels painted black with a lower profile tyre?

And I'm really digging the no front bumper look, it's givin me ideas for my ke30 haha

 

Cheers jesse

  • Author

They are the baby supra wheels. I was suppose to get them repaired and powder coated jet black, but it cost 100 bucks a rim, so I bought a 3tc motor instead and will redo rims next summer.

Oh sick, could you take a closer pic of the wheel wanna see what it looks like

  • Author

The 13x8 are supra replicas with 205/60/13 tires. The 13x 5.5 are oem with 175/70/13 tires.

post-15580-0-44339000-1351055775_thumb.jpg

  • Author

I'll take more photos.

post-15580-0-54154800-1351056181_thumb.jpg

Looks grouse!

So what's the plans with the engine

  • Author

Motor works fine as it sits. I'm just going to clean it up change all the fluids, replace plugs, wires, cap, air filter, and get a optima battery.

 

I bought a 3tc, which is being torn down and rebuilt. Theres two built heads for it already. Motor will have dual carbs. The car will be meant for daily use. I want to restore the car, but I want to drive it. Not locked up in storage.

Where did you get those wheels from? Have never seen them before.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.