Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Weber Air Cleaners

Featured Replies

I have a Redline 9inch air cleaner on my 32/36 DGV The round chrome ones. The base plate has started cracking which is apparently a common occurence with these filters.

I prefer the look of these over others though i'm looking at a new filter, either a Ramflo or one of those square ones with either 2 inch or 2-1/2 inch cotton guaze washable type filter.

Just after some insight as to which air cleaner, if any is better or if you know of any other option out there.

Edited by GJM85

I had a cheap ($20-$30) round chrome filter for a 32/36 Weber from auto1 and the base plate cracked as well from vibration.

K&N filters are meant to good:

 

http://www.dellorto.co.uk/merchandise/products_details.asp?PartNo=56-1040&CategoryID=16&PartsectionID=70

 

http://www.dellorto.co.uk/merchandise/products_details.asp?PartNo=56-9075&CategoryID=16&PartsectionID=70

Most tests that I've seen seem to back K&N as filters that keep a high level for performance for a long time. If it was going to keep the setup for a while I reckon I'd go for K&N

I've found this site useful for weber parts, based in Australia too!

 

was thinking about getting something from them as well. Have you bought from them LongJohnSilver?

was thinking about getting something from them as well. Have you bought from them LongJohnSilver?

 

Not yet, but as soon as I have two pennies to rub together I'll be buying an air filter for my weber! I'll letcha know how it goes

  • Author

I've bought a square redline air cleaner from the egay as it comes with the gasket and pcv fittings. $62. Has a paper filter unfortunately. When it needs replacing i'll try and get a cotton k&n type filter for it.

The k&n types I saw on ebay are 68mm in height, where others are only 55mm and I have only 65mm between the top of the carb and my strut brace. Thus my decision was made for me.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.