Sam's Ae112R

Kid-Ae

So, by a stroke of luck, today I picked up my new Ae112r Conquest.

Original 99,000km, owned by the same family for 10 years.

The piles of service paperwork to go with it are almost the same size as the car!

It's been pampered and garaged for most, if not all it's life.

Completely stock standard. Drove beautifully on the way home from Port Melbourne.

If it wasn't pouring with rain outside i'd have some pictures for you guys, but alas, no photos until I can get a chance.

Members dont see this ad

post-5321-0-26504000-1352265949_thumb.jpg

Love it :)

Such nice lines, the shape is very easy on the eye

post-5321-0-32267400-1352266400_thumb.jpg

Low KM

post-5321-0-96597500-1352266642_thumb.jpg

Very tidy

Really well looked after car and it's quite a pleasure to pilot it. Goes around corners like they don't exist and for a 13/14 year old car, it accelerates smoothly and makes little fuss of any condition thrown at it.

What I want to do is try my best to keep it neat and once the ute sells, slowly get around to the following:

- Stereo (just need to remove from ute)

- Headers and rear section of exhaust (no sports system, possibly 2" pipe, single muffler, small resi)

- Wheels, but not until these tires are showing some age.

- New shocks and low springs (only lows, just want a slightly better stance, again in time)

It's so good to be back in the Corolla sanctum.

The series 1's are appealing, you don't see many of them either.

Maybe another item on the to do list is go to centre rd wreckers and grab a pair of clear indicator units for the guards in place of the amber ones ;) I saw some last week!

Dave's right, this 7afe would have the facory header/extractor system. The blue sedan I minded when I pm'd you had them....

Urgh, auto....

I know, it's auto, but this way my girlfriend, her mum and some of my family members can drive it too. Can't have it all my way, but being back in a Corolla is enough.

it was looking so good untill i saw that auto :(

I have one of these in manual, just the ae112. it looks to already have a decent set of extractors from OEM, 4-2-1 design

Sorry to disappoint.

It's a lovely car, and yeah I have seen the extractors on it and they look reasonably good, but some aftermarket items will surely up the torque a bit.

The series 1's are appealing, you don't see many of them either.

Maybe another item on the to do list is go to centre rd wreckers and grab a pair of clear indicator units for the guards in place of the amber ones ;) I saw some last week!

Dave's right, this 7afe would have the facory header/extractor system. The blue sedan I minded when I pm'd you had them....

Hey Ben, yeah I'll be organizing clear indicators for it soon enough. It does have the factory ones, but for a little more torque and while it's getting a major service done and a cat back system, I may as well go the whole hog.

Enjoying the miserly fuel consumption too! Did a solid day of running around today and the needle only moved slightly :)

Edited by Kid-Ae

Sat down and added up all the service history. Around $3.500 in receipts just for routine maintenance.

Going to look into putting LED lights in the instrument cluster, very dull at night. Don't want it to be 'in your face', just a little brighter.

Next purchase on the list in a service manual so I can learn how to pull things apart without testing it out and breaking interior bits as I go.

yeah I have seen the extractors on it and they look reasonably good, but some aftermarket items will surely up the torque a bit.

Probably not as much as you think, more likely it is the auto killing the torque (I've been in a couple of auto 7As and 4As and the manual makes things sooo much better)

Yeah you're right, I do lose a fair bit with an auto, but there isn't much I can do about that so I'm just going to work with what I've got.

Car is currently at the mechanics getting a cat back system on for now. He's also going to open up the pipe that goes from the standard manifold to the cat, to see if it'll help a bit.

Got a compliment from him for buying something in such good condition.

Looking into different front speaker combinations today too. Thinking 5.25" front splits and some 6" rear, with my slimline sub in the boot for a little bit of kick. Don't want anything sound comp capable, just enough to give my music some life.

post-5321-0-53250200-1352425251_thumb.jpg

Never owned a car that, when you look down the oil cap, you see metal instead of gunk.

post-5321-0-94941200-1352424506_thumb.jpg

Motor isn't anything flash but it's in good shape

post-5321-0-98139000-1352424839_thumb.jpg

The spoiler really cleans up the rear end and helps to square it off, otherwise it looks like a hunchback instead of a liftback.

Edited by Kid-Ae

post-5321-0-53250200-1352425251_thumb.jpg

Never owned a car that, when you look down the oil cap, you see metal instead of gunk.

post-5321-0-94941200-1352424506_thumb.jpg

Motor isn't anything flash but it's in good shape

That's because you're looking at the top side of a baffle/splash-plate :P Take the whole cam cover off and you might see a different story on the cams themselves...

I actually think they'll be a darn side better than my previous A series. This motor was getting 3000km oil changes with receipts dating this for a solid 7-8 years. It wont be getting them every 3000km now, probably 7500, but everything else in this car mechanically has been well looked after, a real credit to the previous owners and their fastidious nature.

Keen to get stuck into little things on this car. It'l never be a power monster, it'll never be a look at me car, but it's going to have my own personal taste in how little things get tidied up. Got to figure out what order I want to do it in though, as I can se my wallet getting a workout and that could be catastrophic

In the time I had my AE82 it recieved oil and filter changes every 3,000kms without fail. Mind you everything was done at home so it was cheap do while being beneficial in the long run. I purchased it with 284k on the clock and sold it off at 350, again it went on for another 22,000 thousand before being sold off to a friend of a friend. Recently I heard its still running strong.

And yes under the rocker cover it was clean as a whistle!

That's so good Ben!

Well the new exhaust is on and I'm quietly happy with it. It's not super loud or anything, but it's got a reasonable note to it and It's fun to give it a little extra tickle on the go pedal to get a little burble happening.

Despite the current wheels having tires with good tread, these bob jane all rounders really aren't that grippy in anything but ideal conditions. Not sure if I should go 15 or 16 inch wheels. Was thinking some Sportivo ones would suit nicely.