My Ke

Willacy70

Members dont see this ad

What did you do and use to fix the rust?

just using metaltech body filler (fibre reinforced) and bog.

Looks the goods, have you considered painting the lip white so it doesn't look like something is missing?

Not to sure what I'm going to do with the lip, mixed feelings about whether to keep it or not.

Saw this out at Jafs Cruise on Saturday. Looks sweet man. Good to see another Toyota out tere haha

haha, thanks man, went down to have a look, ended up driving to ttp, bit daunting with all those v8's around. spotted your car there as well and lets just say, I'm a fan

in other news, i have changed the oil again just to flush the engine, still a slight metallic tinge but nothing compared to what come out of it the first time. It has a slight miss every so often so i will be replacing plugs, distributor cap and rotor soon followed by a tune. The water pump is also leaking so that will also need to be replaced soon. Tomorrow i will be getting a wheel alignment as the front wheels currently point in opposite directions and the steering wheel points hard right. Rust repair on the guards is supposedly going to happen on the weekend as well, but we shall see. Trying to get as much done as i can before uni starts and while i still have time.

• 5 weeks later...

been a while and a bit has happened, car is now free of rust. Was a rather simple process and should be good for a few years.

IMAG1634_zps63645907.jpg

IMAG1651_zpsd43285d4.jpg

IMAG1713_zps74f1e3cd.jpg

IMAG1714_zpsd7d2d821.jpg

IMAG1829_zpsdca9c0e8.jpg

IMAG1831_zps6f2ed345.jpg

all pretty self explanatory, painted in acrylic, had the paint colour matched so when its buffed should turn out ok. We to u pull it to get a few parts, got a new window winder and window and a few other bits and bobs.

IMAG1749_zpsb40f652e.jpg

Have finally replaced most the serviceable items in the car, distributor car, rotor, plugs, fuel filter, etc and had it tuned. Turns out it was running extremely lean. runs nicely now. If you haven't already i suggest changing your fuel filter, it is something that i overlooked for a while. This was just some of the mess that was in the filter, wasn't doing the carby any favours.

IMAG1861_zps07857c17.jpg

painted my mirrors and black out some stuff behind the grill, been messing with the badges and took lip off, so much better. have though about painting my headlight surrounds black but i like the chrome look

DSC_2019_zpsf43c5e89.jpg

• 4 months later...

Haven't updated this for a while and though i would make the best of Adelaide's horrible weather. A fair few things have happened in the past 4 months. I have purchased new rear springs and shocks, 4.5 kg ajps springs and commodore wagon KYB excel g shocks which are soon to go in. took the front lip off because i was sick of it. Had a few issues with the engine. Found a chipped tooth on the cam drive gear which was the cause of all the metal in the oil, a new water pump, have had the oil light come on a few times for no real reason and currently i have a stalling problem which only happens during the cold weather. The carby is being rebuilt next week. The rear end set up a week or two after that followed by a few other things. but yeah, the joys of owning an old car and as much as it annoys me i still love it.

And a picture for good measure

DSC_2162_zps0cf4cc54.jpg

enjoy!