Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke17 Sprinter Sl

Featured Replies

Hi Guys, hoping somebody can help me - I am about to restore the side emblems for my KE17 Spinter SL but can't find a photo of the original paint on the emblem.

 

These are the ones that go beside the B pillar. I know that the checked flag section has some turquoise coloured squares - but that's it.

 

Appreciate if anybody can post a pic here for me to take a look at.

 

Many thanks, Gary

Here you go. These are new. The Non SL badges have the chequerboard in a different colour to the SL ones. If you click on the photo it will enlarge

 

 

 

 

post-4909-0-42735600-1355829795_thumb.jpg

Edited by parrot

When are you going to post pics of your car so the rest of the forum can see :)

Pis's of badges are KE Sprinter Porn !!!!!!! Where did you say you live and what is the combination of your safe ??????

Car is located in Ipswich.

  • Author

Thanks senior member Parrot - most appreciated.

This is interesting as these have a "royal" blue type colour. The ones I have seem to have a turquoise green colour in some of the squares. The raised squares are also black...

Do you actually have these emblems or just a pic?

Is this a metal badge - my ones are plastic, which seems to be another twist on the details.

Edited by Project Sprinter

  • Author

Trev, the plan is to next post pics once she is on the track. Its been tempting to put a few up but the detail is so minute in what we have done to prepare the car in recent months - all the big visible work has been done.

Trev, the plan is to next post pics once she is on the track. Its been tempting to put a few up but the detail is so minute in what we have done to prepare the car in recent months - all the big visible work has been done.

 

Oh I don't need pics, I see the car all the time.

Thanks senior member Parrot - most appreciated.

This is interesting as these have a "royal" blue type colour. The ones I have seem to have a turquoise green colour in some of the squares. The raised squares are also black...

Do you actually have these emblems or just a pic?

Is this a metal badge - my ones are plastic, which seems to be another twist on the details.

 

 

I suspect that yours have been touched up. The badge in the photo is mine (I have a pair) and they are new unused in their original box. Before I got these, i missed out on a pair from Belgium a few years back which I have a photo of. These were identical to mine. I have another single used badge in which the colour has totally disappeared but is otherwise in excellent condition. Again, no black squares. The blue colour has an iridescence with a clear coat and are quite striking.

 

All three badges I have are plastic.

 

The non SL badges differed (apart from the absence of an SL) in being from memory a bronze colour.

  • Author

Parrot - the blue is actually consistent with the badge work on Corona 1600GT then. I had seen a guy in Cyprus selling these too - but I wasn't willing to give up my first born!

Thanks for the help really appreciate it.

Best regards, Gary

Project Sprinter: I popped into Road and Track the other week and was supprised to find your KE17 there :)

 

Had a good look over it I liked what I saw.

Can only dream of my KE15 being at that standad one day.

 

As for badges. Ones on my KE15 are in OK condition. My coloured in laid squares are 100% green. So weather the change from green to blue happened between the KE15/17 model who knows. don't have my part number book for the KE1X sprinters handy (its in a box as I jsut moved house) so I can't check if there were multipul "badges" for this car.

 

Cheers

Cameron

  • Author

Cameron, happy to help if you need help on your car. Keep taking a look in at R&T and hopefully we'll cross paths soon.

The badges I have had on my car looked like this:

 

 

 

As you can see they had greenie turquoise colour, as well as black...the mystery deepens!

post-13580-0-31749000-1356522714_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Cameron - I should have added; This pic is actually from a car over Beaudesert way...not mine, but mine do look the same.

 

 

Also what I suspect is that both colour arrangements have been used...perhaps Blue in-laids reflect a different market such as Euro and/or USA. I also have seen red, but understand that these were used on non SL models.

Edited by Project Sprinter

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.