Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Borgy Diff Centre Backlash Adjustment

Featured Replies

Hey Guys,

 

I am going to lock the diff on my ke55 via welding the diff centre. I got a spare matched diff centre and pinion. My question is, how important is it that the specific pinion and crown wheel stay together and how do you adjust the gears together if I'm going to use a different centre with the existing pinion?

 

Havent pulled it apart yet just wanted a bit of an idea before i did it. any help would be apreciated.

You have to use same cw+p or get the 2 you want to use lapped.

You may also need to shim the diff so that they mesh correctly. Most manuals will have details about doing this. It involves some marking blue and a bit of messing around. Personally I'd keep the whole assembly together including the housing to save a lot of messing around.

  • Author

Ok cool. I had a look at it last night and there is already heaps of backlash so i thimk either way i should sort it out.

I'm familiar with marking blue and getting a good pattern just never played with a salisbury type diff so I'm not sure how to adjust

Its all in the shims in a 55 borgy unfortunately. Maybe try rearranging them and see if you can't get it any better. Otherwise if its been apart before maybe the shims weren't put back in their correct sides.

  • Author

hmmm ok. mayb i can buy the shims at a driveline place

Be prepared for some digging. I remember needing some trying to rebuild an old Datsun gearbox. I ended up making my own. If you can work out a way to measure the size you may even need to start talking to some engineering shops.

 

Good luck! :)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.