1975 Ke30 2 Door Project

madKE35coupe

ok guys before you ask no i don't have any photos ;) they will be up as soon as i take some. ok the low down, was up at mad mazda matts shop, and one of his mechanics mentioned he saw an 'old corolla' sitting near the gate at one of the local wreckers. i thought no harm in having a looksie, so on my lunch break i dawdled down there expecting to see an old ae82 or something. sure enough there was a little KE30 2 door sitting in just behind the front gate. knowing the owner i told hin i was going to have a glance, it turns out to be a 1975 2 door manual.....with a 5k in place of the 3k :thumbsup: the owner of the yard said 500, i said done. so it is currently residing in matts backyard until tomorrow arvo when i can get a trailer to bring it home. after inspecting a bit on my lunch break today i noticed it had a holden key in the ignition, almost straight and rust free body....and the 5k has a blown head gasket :( so future plans will be pull 5k out and replace with 4k while the 5 is being rebuilt, possibly respray, have some brake burners sitting at home i will whack on, tidy up and drive basically. so thats about it for now, will keep you posted.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys bit of an update, KE30 now rests next to the shed at home and the ke70 is at mad matts getting ready for roadworthy tomorrow :) still no pics yet since it was dark by the time I got it home. Quick qustion though, did the 2 doors always come with chrome vents on the bonnet?

pretty sure the 74/75 did not

the later one did mate

i assume it's had a late model bonnet on her?

correct me if I'm wrong, guys

just about on the money, just a switcheroo, it was the early 74/5/6 which had them, i'm still yet to find out if they were a factory option, or they just produced them randomly. In saying that, not all early 30's had the chrome inserts either.

Edited by Clapped out

You're all getting warmer guys, 1974/5 had the chrome bonnet inserts across the range. Possibly halfway through 1975 was the changeover period the vents in the bonnet were we're stamped flush to complement the venting on the surrounding scuttle panel.

Personally I'd go for a 1974/5 bonnet with the chrome vents as they look more finished with the chrome and the way the vents are raised for that meaner look.

well i don't know if its an update, but in the process of selling my ke70 to my sister and taking the 2 door off her hands :) the ksev will still be at ajd in feb the 30 wont be ready for a bit. my hotwires will be kept for the 30 now so should look pretty tough. by the looks of it the 5k could be siezed :/ but we will see what we can do with a full engine rebuild kit

yeah i know guys the car is at my parents and we just moved into a new house so havent had a lot of time or money for the luxuries :/ i will try and get out there this weekend and take some. does anyone know what an engine rebuild kit would be worth ie all gaskets/seals/rings and so on?

depends how far you wanna go and what sort of quality parts you wanna put into it, last 4k i done (mostly stock) with pretty much eveything i could buy internally, mostly just using acl brand, was around the $650 mark, thats including a couple of bolt on's to i think................................

Edited by Clapped out