Another Bad Gutter Rash.

downhillerkid

hey guys,

alright something thats really getting on my nerves about this car is the extremely bad gutter rash on this car due to the previous owner -__-

its pretty scuffed.. and deep in some places!

325189_353612774713831_1138185479_o_zps2ae67358.jpg

as you can see.....

anyway, ive heard for minor scuffs you can sand, bog, sand and spray, but i have a feeling this is going to take just a little more than that because of the severity.. and i really don't feel like paying $100's to get it repaired.

I was considering getting them blasted and sprayed in the need future, so one i got them sand blasted, if i bogged and smoothed them out.. would the final product be any good? or just fall apart whilst driving..

or is it worth not worrying and getting a new set of wheels when i can...

Cheers

Members dont see this ad

Its not as though they are rare items or wheels of any classic age, just generic modern mags it seems. They are nice enough though. If it were me Id look around and save my pennies for some more desirable ones or some similar ones in better condition.

Nobody will recommend machining one piece wheels, unless forged, even then its a bit dodgy to remove material that wasn't meant to be removed.

my 2c. ;) Might only be worth 2 rupees.

If he doesnt have money to get them repaired properly I'm guessing he doesnt have money for new wheels.

I wouldnt use bog on the wheels, as soon as a stone or something hits it it'll chip off. You can get a 2 compound putty that you knead together and it sets really freaking hard. Very hard to work with when set, you'll need to file it then sand for ages.

Another option would be to file the wheel itself till its smooth again. Thats the route Id probably go, make them smoothe and repaint.

• 2 weeks later...

The face of the wheel looks to be machined too which would make it harder to replicate the same look where it is scuffed. Also the fact that the face is clear coated. Unless you get them professionally repaired, or you are really handy with this kind of stuff it will be very hard to get them to look like new. One other thought, might be a bit wild but if you taped up the black paint and painted the face silver, or whatever colour you want I guess