Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Engine/ Tranny Swap On 93 Rolla Wagon

Featured Replies

I know very little about cars and may be just a dreamer at this point, but i'm hoping you folks can share you wisdom with me. I love my wagon. It have about 220000 km on it, so I am curious about an engine and transmission swap. I'm curious what cars would make ideal donors. I want a manual transmission, mine is an auto with O/D. I would love to make it a diesel but another 4 banger gasoline engine I know is more probable. I want the engine to be reliable, efficient and low maintenance. Performance is nice, but I assume more money, and more maintenance. What cars would make would the easiest swap?

 

Thanks,

 

Hardy

is it the ae95?

800px-1988-1992_Toyota_Corolla_%28AE95R%29_SR5_station_wagon_01.jpg

 

if so, will need to go with a manual ae95 box (unless u want to go fwd c series lsd box or something).

most people will say 4age but id say 7afe so a simple swap (or 7age if your keen)

Could probably put a 20V in or build a 7AGE. There were diesel engines available but probably slower than the engine in it.

That's an AE10x wagon, so anything A-series from that time (5AFE, 4AFE, 7AFE, 4AGE 20V, 4AGZE in order of good-ness) will be the easiest swap, I'm guessing it has either a 4AFE or 7AFE in it at the moment? Best option would to to simply keep whatever engine you have and just replace the transmission, minimum of fuss and least amount of things that can go wrong (especially on the wiring side of things).

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.