Engine/ Tranny Swap On 93 Rolla Wagon

wheelzroll

I know very little about cars and may be just a dreamer at this point, but i'm hoping you folks can share you wisdom with me. I love my wagon. It have about 220000 km on it, so I am curious about an engine and transmission swap. I'm curious what cars would make ideal donors. I want a manual transmission, mine is an auto with O/D. I would love to make it a diesel but another 4 banger gasoline engine I know is more probable. I want the engine to be reliable, efficient and low maintenance. Performance is nice, but I assume more money, and more maintenance. What cars would make would the easiest swap?

Thanks,

Hardy

Members dont see this ad

That's an AE10x wagon, so anything A-series from that time (5AFE, 4AFE, 7AFE, 4AGE 20V, 4AGZE in order of good-ness) will be the easiest swap, I'm guessing it has either a 4AFE or 7AFE in it at the moment? Best option would to to simply keep whatever engine you have and just replace the transmission, minimum of fuss and least amount of things that can go wrong (especially on the wiring side of things).