4Agze Problems Sa

ke70-dori

picked up myself a ae82 with a 4agze conversion a month back, was going sweet until half way to work one day and it started the sound like a lawn mower. still runs but sounds like running on only 2-3 cylinders and fuel is leaking straight out of the flange between the headers and exhaust.

couple of mates think its injector problem of maybe an ecu problem.

just wanna know if anyone has any ideas as to what the problem could be?

cheers Andrew.

Members dont see this ad
ok so i took the plugs and injectors out the 2 furthest away from the timing belt where wet, but the injector o-rings on all 4 look to be good...??

The fitting o-rings wouldn't cause them to leak fuel, they would just let air leak in. The pintle inside the injector would let them dribble fuel all the time if it wasn't sealing, so it might pay to have them cleaned and check the fuel filter to make sure its not letting dirt through.

Wowsers... Found the Ecu then discovered the messy wiring, wiggled the Ecu plugs around put my injectors back in then started her up and bam! Back running on all 4 runs pretty sweet... Joys of dodgy engine conversions haha thanks for all the help guy much appreciated

Sounded pretty sweet when you drove down the street tonight man, looks like it goes decent haha. Good work :)