Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Blue Thing: The Daily / Motorkhana Hack (Now Efi)

Featured Replies

  • Author

All good to go!

 

995549_10151775300221943_1083925674_n.jpg

 

Probably the most nervous I have ever been in my life thus far!

 

1395317_10151775300171943_1323051761_n.jpg

 

Well, number one went in okay.

 

1466316_10151775300136943_652158559_n.jpg

 

No lubricant on bearing first time around, check oil clearance with Flexigauge, clean, lubricate, assemble, hope like heck you did it right!

 

1422432_10151775300741943_961507049_n.jpg

 

Repeat three more times.

 

1470304_10151775300771943_1498476435_n.jpg

 

This is looking promising, rotates freely too!

 

1002005_10151775300731943_1246151881_n.jpg

  • Replies 539
  • Views 393.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • EDIT: No furry woodland creatures were harmed in the making of these videos...

  • haha fixed!!

  • The moment of truth.     The sound.....oh my.....the sound!     I don't think I could be much happier with the outcome today, A ) it didn't blow up & B ) she's running healthy. Air:fu

Posted Images

dope.

  • Author

Cheers man, I have a serious headache right now, but it's worth it. The moment I spun the crank with it all assembled & it spun freely, BEST!

awesome mate, can't wait to be able to do this all myself one day.

Looks like fun. Headache? your stressing too much! Ha ha. It will all pay off when its in your car, you turn your key and hear VROOOoommm.

  • Author

awesome mate, can't wait to be able to do this all myself one day.

 

Thanks mate, it's as easy as following the step-by-step instructions in the book, cross-referencing with the 4AGE manual in PDF form. Easy enough when you say it fast anyway!

 

Looks like fun. Headache? your stressing too much! Ha ha. It will all pay off when its in your car, you turn your key and hear VROOOoommm.

 

First time --> Means I'm nervous about everything! As long as it's VROOM, not VROOo...*crunch*.

 

This me playing around with MovieMaker.

 

  • Author

4A-GE 16v, ARP head studs, you know the deal.

 

1461852_10151791317816943_1956362922_n.jpg

 

Le Problem.

 

936748_10151791313946943_1179234056_n.jpg

 

Make it fit.

 

1470238_10151791313886943_232126776_n.jpg

 

1424284_10151791315056943_131704165_n.jpg

 

1460100_10151791314996943_1317038629_n.jpg

 

Which was preceded by...

 

Awkward moment: noticing when installing cylinder head & studs, they don't go into the block quite right. Studs out, head off.

Awesome moment: found more evidence that you should ALWAYS double check how well you cleaned out threads for bolts. Ran a tap through all threads again & the head studs went in perfectly.

Awkward moment: try to turn engine crankshaft to check all is okay & it won't move.

Awesome moment: remove cylinder head/pistons to find all is okay there & the bores are fine.

Awkward moment: remove crankshaft & find a bearing that doesn't look happy. Not damaged, just looks different to the others.

Awesome moment: I have spares...is now back at this stage of assembly & the crank spins effortlessly.

Awkward moment: the sun was setting the last time I checked, this photo was taken sometime this morning.

 

1462874_10151790450896943_528572809_n.jpg

 

At least THAT is out of the way. :D

lets hope that the last moment of assembly will be awesome :-)

  • Author

I'm not sure how I'd go with a 20v, the extra 4 valves & the VVT trickery kinda scares the hell outta me! ;)

 

So close, yet so far! I was aiming to have it in by Classic Japan next Sunday, but it's not going to happen. Could rush things & have it maybe running, but not really worth potentially damaging a freshly rebuilt engine IMHO.

 

Progress pics:

 

post-5437-0-32984800-1385249656_thumb.jpg post-5437-0-49211600-1385249842_thumb.jpg

 

post-5437-0-58865600-1385250021_thumb.jpg post-5437-0-49458100-1385250210_thumb.jpg

 

988775_10151804350591943_1994180537_n.jpg

yeah I agree with no rushing. almost there man!

  • Author

Still lots of little things to go, but I've just got to keep knocking them over one by one! :yes:

 

I had today set aside for Round 10 of the VMC, but due to a large amount of overnight rain, the Werribee grounds were...less than suitable & the event was cancelled. Bit of a shame, as there's no time in the rest of the year to make up the round, so, that's it for the year. :(

 

I borrowed LittleRedSpirit's idea for making a vacuum distribution block. A great idea I think: cheap (even more so when you have the fittings just laying around), easy to make & with a lick of silver paint, hard to tell that it's PVC at a glance when in an engine bay. It'll cope fine with the pressure (or lack thereof) & provided it's not mounted right next to something very hot, no issue with temperature either. :y:

 

537094_10151806375971943_453531341_n.jpg

 

1450678_10151806375771943_1354305008_n.jpg

 

1454821_10151806375996943_1432977387_n.jpg

 

530478_10151806376721943_1111370358_n.jpg

 

1475862_10151806373996943_752100613_n.jpg

Edited by carbonboy

  • Author

Spend over $50 on fittings to suit the thread-taps I already have, or spend $10 on a 1/2" UNF tap to suit the fittings I already have? A no-brainer really. :)

 

1456096_10151817397871943_1753663848_n.jpg

 

1451377_10151817397721943_1065518351_n.jpg

is that your carb manifold? looks really nice, done well with it mate!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.