Blue Thing: The Daily / Motorkhana Hack (Now Efi)

carbonboy

Members dont see this ad

To be able to synchronise the carburetors, or at least be able check & compare how much vacuum each one is pulling. Whether I have the ability to do anything about it is another story. ;)

I could be being a bit pedantic, but having enough vacuum for my brake booster is a concern. With this setup, all four intake runners are connected, rather than just the one. I do realise the factory setup has just the one, but I have changed a few things... *shrugs*

Test run for heat-resistant topcoat, hopefully it works out how I had planned. All stripped back.

1458569_10151832663911943_1586085017_n.jpg

Primer

1476188_10151832768306943_1719330792_n.jpg

Topcoat colour. Boring I know but a flashy-coloured engine bay in Blue Thing would just look.....odd, more so than what she already does! :lol:

1458547_10151832768291943_1630201543_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Solid object: 1

Blue Thing: 0

1525559_10151849722261943_1529232681_n.jpg

There's a few bent/broken things, nothing that can't be fixed/replaced. That fixing will be easier without an engine in the way, going to finish what I need to on the new one & drop that in. With any luck, aiming to have it running sometime early next year.

I know I have some of the bits I need laying around as spares, just have to find them, work out what I don't have & then hit people up for them with cash/beverages in hand. I've been lucky to have had several people let me know that they have bits I may need, feeling the Corolla love right now. :y:

A piece of good news for a change? I have (fkn finally) sorted out what's happening with the ignition system.

From my research/reading, I found several options. Running a HyperPak unit is one of the most commonly suggested, the trouble for me with it is, the people who told me to buy one didn't have one themselves. The people who did have one themselves, told me to avoid the thing like the plague. :blinks:

*A lot of research & crash-course learning later*

I found something that will do the job with the minimum amount of fuss, relatively speaking. A downside to it was, it was out of my budget for the time being. To my joy (yeah, I teared up a little) my family have collaborated together to help me get an early Christmas Present. It may also be to get me to shut-the-f**k-up about getting this engine running & actually getting it running, but hey...I'm grateful!

6530_full(2).jpg?n=9128

http://www.msdigniti...16019&terms=6al

Quite possibly overkill & capable of much more than I need it to do for now, but that nitrous capability is certainly appealing. ;) Laptop-tuning/TFATF jokes are just kinda hollow now, otherwise I would have already.

I finish work for the year tomorrow, after that I will be borrowing an engine crane, giving the 2A-C one final flogging (if it dies - don't care) & yanking it out for hopefully the first & last time. I am lucky enough to be able to (again) borrow my housemates car while BT is off the road. :)