Need Help With Vacuum Hose

ausca62

I don't know if you are aware but the cam covers are interchangeable from left to right. So if you reckon its a breather issue you can get another breather cam cover for the side that doesnt have one and swap it over.

I can't say I have heard of cam seal blowing out. Id probably change it out and see if it happenes again in case it was a faulty seal? But then again you wouldnt think a cam seal would be faulty:s

Members dont see this ad

Hi Pete, I did some checking and it appears that the C V joints aren't up to it. When I get that sorted its a sure thing. This one has power steering so shouldn't be a problem for Jill to steer it. I have been told about a guy in Dandenong that upgrades the drive shafts with V6 Magna C Vs. Sounds like the go. In Hill climbs there are a lot of off camber corners and with an open diff you loose too much time.

As for the cam seal, i put a breather between the 2 cam covers. don't know if that was the problem but at least it will eliminate that from the list of possible causes. My biggest fear was to spread oil all over the track and spoil the day for all the other competitors. It is round 2 of the Victorian Hillclimb Championship so there are drivers from all over Aus.

Thanks also to ke70dave for your input. I was going to pull the other cam cover off Jills last year car but then I thought of a breather tube between the 2. Let me know what you think.

Cheers and thanks guys. Paul.

post-5916-0-85716400-1422955618_thumb.jpg

post-5916-0-89194900-1422955642_thumb.jpg

Did you install the seal with the seal packing on the outside? I can only think the seal wasn't quite seated and it got flicked out by the camshaft. I really doubt it's a crankcase pressure thing.

I would brace the breather pipe, as putting load on an unreinforced section of the cam covers may lead to it cracking.

Atlantic heads suffer from seal dislodging... they make two small semi circular plates and screw them to the front of the head under/around each cam.

As to a better breather... see that rear most Allen plug, remove that plug and install a fitting there, that should be sufficient. OR... keeping your rear breathers... don't connect them, but splice them all into the oil separator.