My Kp61 Sprint

Adsport

The coils are very similar, the top winding doesn't meet the previous coil like that though (coils are upside down in that image) . I will put some images up tonight when I get home.

The kerb weight for the KP is 710kg if that helps, I have no idea what the weight split is. I suppose though, using the spring rate and backward calculating it , the weight split could be found.

I also forgot to count the number of active coils with the car at rest, which I can also do later on.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am actually very impressed with the 4KE, so much so that I had reconsidered my 4age swap... It has heaps of torque down low but not much top end. I was dubious about the rear ratio being so low (it's 3.59:1 ) but its also very good and suits the low end torque of the motor. After it's rego'd I am putting extractors on it to see if it will breather a bit better up top but had also hoped of finding an easy throttle body and AFM upgrade. The throttle body on it is 41mm ID, pretty pathetic !

I have a pretty close to complete conversion set, including several gearboxes that won't require mounts or mods to fit, I have conversion mounts and a couple of 4age's laying around with an already rwd converted wiring harness..... Aside from some niggly bits and fluids I almost have a complete bolt in kit.

I'm actually not too well at the moment and have to have an operation next week so if I do anything it will be a while off after I can recover physically and in the hip pocket.

Edited by Adsport

Well he's all registered now ! I went for another visit to the DPI on Friday afternoon and it went through without any dramas :)

It is quickly getting the nickname of " the egg " given the size, shape and colour of the car and the plates start with " 1 EGE " haha.

I got my headers all wrapped the other night, that was until I realised that I need to put an oxygen sensor flange into the collector, I had to do a double take because I've never even touched a 4k with EFI on it so it was a bit of a weird concept.

I have to get my supra cleaned up and ready to sell so if I don't get the headers on by tuesday it will be a while as I probably won't be well enough to be able to swap them out and weld the exhaust for a few weeks I suspect.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I am all good now and I have the headers installed on the car. It was a pretty tricky operation due to the EFI gear but it has made a very noticeable positive improvement to the top end breathing as I had hoped :)

I've been doing some stuff on the side so hopefully will have tyres for my Watanabe's in the next week, as well as finishing painting my body bits and finally install them !

• 2 weeks later...

I adapted the standard top part of the KP column to key in via female spline to the Yaris motor (just like the Yaris does) and then built a shaft and uni joint assembly to adapt the drive to the rack.

It sounds pretty simple when I put it like that but it was a bit of a battle and took a lot of thinking and adhoc tools to get it running true and working properly.