Ke10 Ignition Issues? Maybe?

Hey, my Ke10 started running crap and farting on idle.. and seemed to get worse.

Changed the plugs and it got better... for maybe 100-200kms, now its gone to s*** again..

Any ideas? I'm thinking maybe inlet manifold leak causing it to lean out or possibly burnt valve?

Ideas?

Members dont see this ad

As you put new plugs into it only 100-200 klms ago, and that improved it, you have a perfect chance now, to remove the plugs and inspect them for condition & colour. The state of plug tip & centre insulator can tell you a lot abot the state of each cylinder. Make sure you label them 1-4 front to rear, so you can relate condition to a particular cylinder. There are plenty of websites with info as to what causes the plugs to deteriorate.

Here is one such website.

http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/tech_support/spark_plugs/faqs/faqread.asp

Cheers

Banjo

Edited by Banjo

Then check the compressions and see if one cylinder is down. That would be a burnt valve. All cyls low would be old rings.

Have you checked the points with a dwell meter and checked the timing??

Have you checked the leads with a multmeter??

Any of those components could give low-speed misfires. Did you check-tighten the manifold nuts & spray for inlet leaks??

sprayed inlet, replaced and set points with dwell..

found one lead looks suspisious so have replaced that... will see how the old girl goes tomorrow..

figured it would be something simple... so if its the lead.. I'm happy.. hopefully not motor as i want to pull it out and preserve the old thing before it gets too many kms on it