Ke20 4Age Soon To Be Ca18Det

74shaun

hi guys,

bought myself a fairly tidy ke20 with a t50 4age conversion. has rust in the usual places but nothing too serious

running stock brakes and diff. have decided that i want the project to be a little more ballzy than the 4age so am going to put a ca18det in instead, due to the stronger gearbox, easy power upgrades and cost and ease of finding parts.

have the car stripped right back at the moment doing bodywork ready for a respray. will be converting to ae86 coilovers in the front with and a shortened r31 diff up back. going to keep the interior as stock as possible .

post-18457-0-52364300-1369303651_thumb.jpg

Edited by 74shaun
  • Upvote 1

Members dont see this ad
  • 4 weeks later...

just some update pics of the ke. stripped the shell back to bare metal (not fun) and sprayed with etch primer. test fitted shortened r31 borg warner and reset leafs. pulled out 4age and gearbox. have ke20 camber tops, ae86 steering arms to be fitted and ae86 coilovers and willwood big brake kit in the mail :)

rolla4.jpg

rolla5.jpg

rolla3-1.jpg

• Upvote 1

Hey mate message me if u get stuck on the ae86 front end bits, they're not a direct bolt in . And get ready to spend a fair amount of money on this conversion. Have u got a spray painter in mind already to paint the car and what colour are u going ?

Thanks mate appreciate it. I know it's going to cost a lot but I'm prepared for that so having a budget is pretty much a waste of time. Going to go the original colour again and don't have anything organised as far a spraying it goes.

• 1 year later...