Ford 2.0L Zetec Into Ke30?

TOYOCOUPE

Members dont see this ad

Ford (being the sensible people that they are) decided to stick to the same bellhousing pattern that they have stuck to since the 1960s. So for a rear wheel drive (RWD) application, you can use the Type-9 five speed box from the Sierra, plus an RS2000 bellhousing. One simply bolts to the other. Note: The Type 9 has a 1" 23-spline input shaft and the 2000E four speed box has a 7/8" 20-spline input shaft. The MT-75 (Granada) or T5 (Sierra Cosworth) gearboxs also fit on the Zetec.

Zetec crankshafts are already machined to accept a RWD spigot bearing, which again simplifies things somewhat.

http://www.zetecinsi...2/gearbox.shtml

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

cheers for the link man, looks like it would be an expensive conversion

I think the cost would outweigh the benefits but if its no worries how much you spend go for it.

The fact you can RWD it with existing parts is a bonus but I wouldnt think RS2000 or Sierra parts would be easy or cheap to find in Aussie.

Haha well it is in nsw, just. I thought about the conversion myself but already had an sr and the sr has been done before so I knew it could be done and parts wouldn't be a hassle. I'd be interested to see someone have a go at it though, so free engine for someone that wants to.