Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Planning On Upgrades To My Ke35

Featured Replies

Hi!

 

I´ve got a hold of a Carina TA62 for a cheap price with the 3T-C engine in it. My plans are to put that engine into the KE35. To make it road legal I also have to take the rear axle and the brake system from the Carina. Do anyone know if there will be much trouble to fit the rear axle with the leaf suspension on the KE? And could I use the crossmember from the T-engine to fit in the corolla instead of modifying the K-engine's crossmember?

 

Any other hints or advices on things to do or not to do during this project are welcome!

 

 

 

Regards

Joel

 

To make it road legal I also have to take the rear axle and the brake system from the Carina.

 

Where did this info come from?

 

Brake system maybe, but certainly you shoudlnt need the rear axel to be the same.

  • Author

Swedish rules. If the effect of the new engine increase the standard HP by more than 10%, then the brake system, rear axle and the gearbox have to be changed aswell.

ta 62 diffs are wider than the ke35

 

Look for a ta12/14 or Celica ta22 diff

Will need to be stripped of old Mounts and welded on some New ones for leaf springs

 

Engine crossmember and engine mounts wont fit.

Look for ta12/14 or Celica ta22 Mounts

as for crossmember Ill send you some differeces of measurements if you got a email address

 

Your original ke35 gearbox crossmember can be used, just bolted in further back. Holes are already there

Front part of ta6 tailshaft will need to be cut off and welded onto ke35 tailshaft + balanced

 

or to save you the trouble , just send me the 3T ;)

 

ps, struts/ brakes don't fit either and youve probably seen clutch is Hydro on the ta62

 

  • Author

Yes, I know that the diff from the Carina is wider, but I´m thinking that the handling would be improved if I use this axle and of course widen the front. Maybe only with spacers. Except for the extra work about the leaf feathers, the rear brakes comes with the diff. But how do I get the front brakes to fit the KE35?

  • Author

Oh, and no I won't give this engine away, I'm very found of it ;). I´m fighting with the paper work right now when I also need a exhaust certificate for the engine to make it legal, which is quite tricky...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.