Planning On Upgrades To My Ke35

Hi!

I´ve got a hold of a Carina TA62 for a cheap price with the 3T-C engine in it. My plans are to put that engine into the KE35. To make it road legal I also have to take the rear axle and the brake system from the Carina. Do anyone know if there will be much trouble to fit the rear axle with the leaf suspension on the KE? And could I use the crossmember from the T-engine to fit in the corolla instead of modifying the K-engine's crossmember?

Any other hints or advices on things to do or not to do during this project are welcome!

Regards

Joel

Members dont see this ad

ta 62 diffs are wider than the ke35

Look for a ta12/14 or Celica ta22 diff

Will need to be stripped of old Mounts and welded on some New ones for leaf springs

Engine crossmember and engine mounts wont fit.

Look for ta12/14 or Celica ta22 Mounts

as for crossmember Ill send you some differeces of measurements if you got a email address

Your original ke35 gearbox crossmember can be used, just bolted in further back. Holes are already there

Front part of ta6 tailshaft will need to be cut off and welded onto ke35 tailshaft + balanced

or to save you the trouble , just send me the 3T ;)

ps, struts/ brakes don't fit either and youve probably seen clutch is Hydro on the ta62

Yes, I know that the diff from the Carina is wider, but I´m thinking that the handling would be improved if I use this axle and of course widen the front. Maybe only with spacers. Except for the extra work about the leaf feathers, the rear brakes comes with the diff. But how do I get the front brakes to fit the KE35?