3K Won't Run, Absolutely Flumoxed

Hillbilly

Hey, I have a stock 3K in my KE35, last tuesday it was running fine, like clockwork. But then I gave her 4 days off. And now I can't get her going again. I have checked everything I can think of; I have a good spark, excelent compression on all cylinders, and fuel is getting through (even tried starting it on some of that easy start spray). The only other thing I can think of is that the timing has gone out. (can that happen when its not running though?) Any help would be very much aperciated. Thanks.

Members dont see this ad

How was it running the few days before you stopped it?? Easy to start then??

If the dizzy was screwed down tight the timing shouldn't have moved... so-

Is the spark you have at the spark plugs sitting on the tappet cover?? or did you check it somewhere else?

If you have spark at the plugs, does it backfire or cough when you crank it, or you get absolutely nothing?

Could you be a little more specific. Does it actually start? Is it starting and running poorly?

Timing won't change randomly like that without external influences. Also, poor timing will still start and run, albeit badly.

Did it actually fire when you sprayed stuff down it.