Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

3K Won't Run, Absolutely Flumoxed

Featured Replies

Hey, I have a stock 3K in my KE35, last tuesday it was running fine, like clockwork. But then I gave her 4 days off. And now I can't get her going again. I have checked everything I can think of; I have a good spark, excelent compression on all cylinders, and fuel is getting through (even tried starting it on some of that easy start spray). The only other thing I can think of is that the timing has gone out. (can that happen when its not running though?) Any help would be very much aperciated. Thanks.

How was it running the few days before you stopped it?? Easy to start then??

 

If the dizzy was screwed down tight the timing shouldn't have moved... so-

 

Is the spark you have at the spark plugs sitting on the tappet cover?? or did you check it somewhere else?

 

If you have spark at the plugs, does it backfire or cough when you crank it, or you get absolutely nothing?

Could you be a little more specific. Does it actually start? Is it starting and running poorly?

 

Timing won't change randomly like that without external influences. Also, poor timing will still start and run, albeit badly.

 

Did it actually fire when you sprayed stuff down it.

 

if it starts when cranking then stops when not, it could be a faulty ballast resistor.

Edited by tojo2

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.