Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wheel Spacers

Featured Replies

Hey, thanks for having a read.

 

I bought some 4x114.3 hotwires for my ke55. looks like the center hub of the wheels have a diameter of 80mm, where as the stock wheels only have a diameter or roughly 60mm. Also the studs don't protrude more than a few mm through the stud holes on the hotwires. I'm aware there are spacers out there, I'm just not sure exactly what i need. If you know the measurments i should be searching for on ebay or elsewhere, please help us out.

 

Cheers.

they most legit way to solve this is by putting longer studs in and getting some "hub rings" there also called heaps of other things.

Which is essentially a fancy washer that makes the wheel locate on the hub properly.

 

120602d1304371339-passenger-cv-shaft-closer-shock-than-driver-side-img_0442-vi.jpg

First of all, sounds like you need some "parallel shank" wheel nuts and washers, that should solve the issue with the wheel studs. Secondly, I wouldn't stress to much about the centre bore of the wheels being to big for the hub. While it is not ideal, it wont cause any issues.

First of all, sounds like you need some "parallel shank" wheel nuts and washers, that should solve the issue with the wheel studs. Secondly, I wouldn't stress to much about the centre bore of the wheels being to big for the hub. While it is not ideal, it wont cause any issues.

This comment regards the centre hub has often been made before,especially on this forum but personally I don't believe it to be correct.It is my understanding that the reason for the interference fit of the hub to the wheel centre is that it is the hub that is supposed to bear the weight and stress transfer associated with the wheel operation while the studs are there to hold it in place flat against the drum/disc.If you use a wheel with an oversized centre hole then all the road and operational stress is placed on the wheel studs which are quite able to flex causing stress fatique and/or fracture.Some will say that this is not an issue in daily driving,maybe,maybe not but if you have an option,I know what I would prefer.

I did say it was not ideal to run a centre bore larger than the size of the hub.....

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.