Ae86 Components Into Ke30

shiryo

Hello Hello.

After much searching, I've found some answers yet nothing really definative.

Can anyone shed some light on the following?:

- ae86 tie rods and ends into ke30

- ae86 steering knuckles into ke30

Possible? Been done? etc.

I've already got my ke30 struts converted to coilovers, adjustable LCAs and tension rods from T3.

I was looking through their 86 catalogue and became curious as to applicability.

Reason mainly being I don't want to run standard OEM items if possible.

Thanks in advance

Rone

Edited by shiryo

Members dont see this ad

I'm hearing mixed statements about the whole can and can't with regards the usage of the steering arms.

I know you can with ke70 struts, well, that's been said before somewhere...but they run a 51mm strut if that makes a difference.

I'm still using the 48mm ke30 assembly.

Would rather get these over OEM items, more lock and definately beefier.

https://technotoytun...ds-ae86-corolla

Reason why I'm looking into this is because I'm planning for the future.

I want the car to be ready to handle well when I eventually do an engine conversion etc.

Leads to other questions: Can you run the tie tod ends? If so, what about the rods themselves...hmmm.

Edited by shiryo

I get alot of play with the steering box haha.

I just have a gripe with running old outdated parts.

If I'm going to be replacing a majority of components I'd rather be doing it with better designed aftermarket products than cheapish OEM style replacements where possible, and being there's not a great deal available in terms of ke30, 86 gear seemed plausible to explore.

Edited by shiryo

• 3 weeks later...

After a quick bit of investigating part numbers at work...I have discovered this.

Perhaps not exactly groundbreaking news to some, however would be keen to hear your thoughts.

KE30:

Hub: 43502-12040

Backing Plate: 47704-12041

Bearing: 90368-29068

Seal: 90311-41123

KE70:

Hub: 43502-12040

Backing Plate: 47704-12090

AE86:

Hub: 43502-12070

Backing Plate: 47704-12110

The italic part numbers / items are the ones that are different.

Here's my query....Obviously the brakes are different, hence backing plate to accomodate rotor and caliper sizing...

But the rest is essentially the exact same with exception to the AE86 hubs.

I've heard people using AE86 hubs on ke70's, so technically, they should be a direct bolt on to KE30/55's?!

The reason I ask is because I've converted my ke30 struts to coilovers and would like to use the wilwood brake upgrade from t3 in future, and knowing the hubs will bolt directly on as so I can utilise the kit will make things so much easier for me.

Edited by shiryo

I know the steering knuckles will go in, along with the struts.

The question is, will the other components go in without the strut being installed?

I don't want to have to sell off my ke30 coilovers in exchange for 86 units if it can be helped.

• 1 year later...

doing a ke50 practically from scratch. after sorting driveline, I'm going for the suspension to sort next. So from what I am reading here I can swap an entire suspension and brake setup from an ae86, right. Wonder if you can stick the 86's power steering rack too. That would be an added bonus

Edited by cherryE10

Rack and pinion into a steering box car would be a huge task. Custom/shorten many things. These parts are supposed to be pressed/cast/billet one-piece here in Australia so cutting and welding them is illegal here.

Jonny Rochester put a KE70 rack into a KE25, though he got a few of the steering angles wrong so it wasn't as good as it could have been. In the end he suggested it wasn't worth doing.