Sigma Lca's Ball Joints????

Moggy91

I have just recently purchased sigma lca's for my ke70 and the ball joints are completely flogged out an I have heard standard sigma ball joints scrub out straight away due to the camber and I was just wondering what alternative I have as in what ball joints can i press in and bolt straight up??

Members dont see this ad

Also, the Sigma ball joint has the wrong taper and doesn't fit the Toyota steering arm (not the slightest bit surprising, considering it's made by a different company).

Anyway, you get ~ 4˚ negative camber from Sigma control arms, which is a lot. Unless you set up the suspension to actually make use of that camber you will probably lose cornering and braking ability.

the taper on the sigma ball joint is way out for the ke steering arm taper insert. i used a rat tailed file and emery paper and worked both the shaft and steering arm hole, when i bolted the 2 together firmly i think the taper was out almost 11mm. thats just ʞ©$ɟing shit in my eyes so i worked on its profile and tried to match the two up as well as i could. when i was done, the taper sat in firmly and securely with about 4mm instead. not great, alot of time spent filing and playing around and i was ok with the end result. do it properly or try to get the taper to fit better. 4-5 degrees is huge and stupid for a street car anyway, it will just draw attention and wear front tyres.

get a set of ke30-55 lcas for $20 from wreckers, will bolt in and give you 2-3 degrees, sell your sigmas for what you paid, happy days