Club Rego And Rwc

megamannz123

Hi all,

I have finally joined the TCCAV and I want to get my car on club rego this year. As you all know having a car you hardly drive and then getting the $600 rego bill is a real pain!

I am wondering about the process, do you now have to get a RWC to go on club reg? if so are these inspections as tough as a normal RWC as they are for old cars that aren't driven much. My ke30 is in really good condition bar one spot of rust in the radiator support panel, so I'm worried this will be an issue for a RWC. Is there a RWC place you recommend for getting the club reg RWC, maybe a Rolla Club club member that's not going to be a prick about owning an old car.

Cheers

Members dont see this ad

I know plenty of people in Victoria that have Club reg without obtaining a RWC.

To my knowledge it's definitely not needed to obtain the registration.

You just need to be approved by the club in which you are getting the registration through.

Also, to my knowledge, there is also no time restriction on when you can get your car registered.

Source - My brother and three close friends all have their Corollas with club registration in Victoria.

So long as the car is deemed safe by the club representative, ie, no structural rust, not leaking oil, good tires, brakes, etc... Then you shouldn't have any problems.

That said, apparently vic roads are looking at passing through legislation that will make it mandatory to get a rwc...so best to get onto it sooner rather than later

Greetings, have you read here? : http://www.tccav.org.au/?page_id=14 :)

Once the Pre-Approval paperwork has been completed, you have the option of either obtaining a RWC or booking it in to be inspected by our Club Inspector. This is effectively a RWC & safety issues regardless of vehicle age will not be overlooked. As Bowler mentioned, legislation may be changing to requiring a RWC regardless of the car, the joy of today's world!

Edited by carbonboy