K Series High Volume Oil Pump

hey lads, been thinking bout this build and a mate was saying to me about the bottom end to see if i could get my hands on a high volume oil pump.

after a bit of research/remembering, the t series gerotor and k series are apparently the same.

I toyodiy.com this and cross reference a t18 with a 3t to a ke70 with a 4k and the part number is the same, as is the pickup/bottom plate with strainer

http://www.toyodiy.c...LMESN_1501.html - t18 3T

http://www.toyodiy.c...EMDCQ_1501.html - ke70 4k

i then got on the brd racing website cause i remembered they did a hv oil pump suit 3t.

brd quotes - High Volume oil pump -

$169.00

Fitment: 2TC, 3TC, 3TEU, 2TG(E), 3TG(TE)

25% more flow Over Stock. Modified To Deliver The Oil You Need. Better Than any "Over the Counter" Oil Pump From your Local Parts Store!

http://brdracing.com...2tc_3tc_oil.htm

curious to see if anyone has modified a oil pump to increase flow, and whether anyone has played around with this setup before

??

cheers

post-7052-0-45382900-1382348241_thumb.png

post-7052-0-68790300-1382348526_thumb.png

Edited by springersrolla

Members dont see this ad

Interesting...

Can you get the extra flow without the pressure going up? If you pump at a high enough pressure you can take the white metal off the bearings, not that I've ever seen that happen. Would you drill out some oilways to get more oil up to the cam or head??

All you might do is pump more oil out the pressure relief valve.

Chat to Phil there, he had a 4K doing 9000rpm!

The kseries never had a problem feeding oil to the top end its the drain back to the sump thats always been the issue, due to the engine being

"canted" over, shim the std oil pump to bring up psi, ive made a custom sump for mine that holds anothe two litres of oil and a deeper pikup

to suit just in case starvation of the bottom end occurs, they really are tractor motors guys remember the badge on the front says

COROLLA not COSWORTH!!!

I know its no cosworth and never will be but I'm always looking for better ways to improve old engines with new style and technology. My head has been smoothed beyond butter to improve drainback and all i look for is better more modern ways to improve anything from a 60's design to start with. High volume doesnt mean high pressure and thats what is was leaning against with a hv oil pump setup its only a fail safe for cheap and just looks like a longer gear and housing to produce more volume at the same or similar pressure to boyles law. I'm all for ideasand understand its an old style motor but still over the whole "Faq" see better ways to advance things here and there with knowledge and technologu. I choose i k motor because i ʞ©$ɟing can't get away from them no matter how far i run. Corolla blood amd its not healthy but i love them. Positive encouragement or not i want it all and more. Love it and love this site

Just port it. If you're really keen you can port the whole block, as much as possible anyway (some corners you won't be able to get to). Remove sharp edges in galleries, make sure all joins are port matched. Theoretically you'll then use less power to drive the pump for a given pressure. How much you'll gain is hard to say :)