Ke70 Daily. Perfictly Legal

Hey I'm new to rollaclub and new to Corollas i really don't know much about them i have purchased a 1982 KE70 4k 5speed manual.

i just want to use it for a daily but i want it to look good i have allot of time and not to fussy on spending money on it but i would like to change the ride height i would like to to be as low as possible that is legal and the suspension is really soft. some of the topics and some of my friends say use falcon springs and chop them. so i would like some opinions on what i should do and all of this has to be legal as it will be a daily and the police in S.A are a bunch of wanks..

Members dont see this ad

make sure you do it properly to avoid heat from the fuzz any local spring proprietor should be able to supply what you're looking for or you could buy direct from King Springs check the catalogue is that what you're looking for should look overrated when you're done pics or it didn't happen.

http://www.kingsprin...r_catalogue.pdf

Edited by Mechanical Sympathy

Go far after market springs. I'm pretty sure mine had chopped falcon springs when I got it and they were not captive. That means, if I went over a bump and unweighted the car enough they would have fallen out! Generally the law doesn't like that and I can see why.

Go for some kings or something. Keep an eye out on Autobarn or Supercheap etc, they fairly regularly have 15% off Kings.

If your serious about being legal then do not fit chopped springs,do as suggested above,a good set of lowered springs and custom shocks.don't quote me,do your own research for your own state but I think that legally you must have either 80 or 100mm of clearance to the lowest part of the underside of the car,fully loaded.

In South Australia the ride height allowed for ke70-ae71 is 345mm eyebrow height front and rear. Which is not really low at all.. So in my opinion if you are more worried about legalities then I would save my cash for when you are less worried and can spend some money on slamming it properly :P