Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

L20 Into A Ke70?

Featured Replies

Just thought about this as I saw an L20 powered car advertised for not very much. Has this been done before and if so is it an easy conversion or even worthwhile?

 

Currently have a 4K and the phearsome 4spd, L20 comes with a 5spd and a whole car :D . Was hoping for champagne on a beer budget but thought I'd consult with those that know before I did anything stupid.

 

Oh btw, I did try to search but 4 character minimum didn't help me ;)

 

Cheers

  • 2 weeks later...

hi

 

i think putting any L motor into a rolla would be sick

they are pretty good even standard, my datto 1600 has a standard L16 in it with only twin webers and a 2" zorst with extractors, it is bloody fast for a very stock motor, i hit 178kph down the back straight of symmonds plains race way, and i only have a 4 speed, the only problem with them is that they are a little bit tall, i tried dummy fitting an L18 into my ke20 but it was a little bit tall,

just curious is that the L20b nissan/datsun engine?

I'm not saying L motors are no good. On th contrary. I drove one on the weekend that impressed me a great deal. I'm just saying that there are better and easier conversions out there. An L motor is an old technology engine. Just like a K motor.

I'm not saying L motors are no good. On th contrary. I drove one on the weekend that impressed me a great deal. I'm just saying that there are better and easier conversions out there. An L motor is an old technology engine. Just like a K motor

 

Thanks for that mate

Now that i know you are talkin bout the L20B nis/dat i will tell you what i had, well a L20B of course with a downdraft webber (dunno what 1) and a set of extractors and sports zaust in an 84 bluebird with a 5 speed and it went quite good i was impressed.

.... they also weigh 50% of what a Corolla does.

 

Hell, I've driven a 2.4 litre L20 powered Bluebird, ex-works rally car that could suck in shrubs and small children as it drove past, and I still think there are better engines about.

i find the L20 to be a bit of a clunker, standard they leak oil past the valve seals so always smoking, just a big old boat anchor, you can get them going and cubes are always fun but for little light cars i don't think you need all that tork better to go for the revs of the smaller motors my votes the 1600, twin cam if the budget allows

  • Author

Well cheers all, was just an idea and I figured ye olde 4AGE would ultimately be better but funds (or lack there of) is what drives me. Ah well, project car time me thinks.

 

:P

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.