Ke55 (4K) Rpm Issue

jay_howie

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rebuilt carby again, this time made sure everything was working perfectly, got a bit of crap out of it. Drained fuel tank and flushed it. Put a tank of fresh 95 caltex in it .Turned car over untill i got a few litres out of the line just before carby (so flushed fuel lines). Conmected it all up again and set timing to 8 deg. Ran like a champ after this. Will take it for a few drives then some up the hwy. Hopefully thats the last if the issues.

Thanks to everyone for their help, I suspect it was the carby this time.

Car is going fairly well, have one small issue though. The trimatic isn't shifting properly. It's got fresh oil at the right level and new filter. However the vacuum line that attaches to the modulator is leaking air I think. Is it meant to be clamped on or something? At the moment it just slides in and out loose, which I am assuming is allowing air to escape? It shifts ok to second sometimes (other times it revs out in first and haven't managed third yet (tried twice). If someone more familiar with these gearboxes than me could shed some light or even a photo on what the connect should look like?

I was t-boned on Sunday night and my daily is now written off so I would really like to get this thing sorted so I can get to work.

note: the manifold side is tight with no leaks

Thanks again!

Edited by jay_howie

Trimatics well that vacum chamber and the vacum line was the first thing we use replace on them .

The line at the inlet manifold as well!!.

It also up set the running of the car ;) .

If the oil doesnt smell burnt and keeps oil clean.

The vacum line is not normally clamped ,just a tight fit.

If its not changing gear it would point to the vacum chamber or leaking vacum line.

The old tri matic was very basic ,well quite fordson tractor compared to todays autos

ar the the good old days at GM

rob

Edited by corollaart

Trimatics well that vacum chamber and the vacum line was the first thing we use replace on them .

The line at the inlet manifold as well!!.

Sorry I don't quite understand the part about the vacuum chamber? And what were the lines replaced with?

The vacum line is not normally clamped ,just a tight fit.

Mines not a tight fit at all, I have just finished sealing the vacuum line (including inlet side) with aircraft grade sealant (goop), which should sort it out if its leaking past.

If its not changing gear it would point to the vacum chamber or leaking vacum line

The chamber being the modulator? I am slightly concerned that oil has leaked into this modulator, there was a fair bit of fresh oil leaking all over the gearbox, and down the vacuum line onto this modulator.

Cheers!

Edited by jay_howie