Fuel Guage Problems ...

Dyzza

Members dont see this ad
I had my gauge and sender checked my auto electric and said it was working fine, but still nothing on my gauge, i gave up, and do what Dyzza does got myself a jerry in the boot, saved my arse alot of times!

Did you try and check the float for leaks? If the little barrel has a tiny pin hole in it it'll sink to the bottom and your gauge will give you an incorrect reading. I had this happen to me during the week, I tried repairing it n it just kept blowing holes in it so I made myself a new float out of lite weight poyester bog I use at work, I need to keep checking it to make sure it holds up to the fuel. I've been told you can use cork aswell.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a simarlar problem in my KE30 2 door, when i put the 4k and ke55 dash in it. I've just replaced the jap sender to an aus sender in the jap mounting point (45deg angle) it seems to work perfect, although i have now got into the habit of not running past quarter of a tank.