2Tg T50 Question Time

conan

I have a 2tg in a Ke70 pano and I'm stripping an ae71 wagons for parts and the shifter hole in the Ke is shite too far forward and it makes some weird sounds when I brake hard like there's bolts flying around so I'm pretty sure I can't use my ae t50 but I would really like to can I pull the boxes apart to switch over the spigots and how hard is it

• 3 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad

shifterhole in ke7 and ae7 should be same pos. but maybe yours has been moved during 2tg mod?

Is your current gearbox a 20 spline ta22 box and the ae71 t50 a 22spline box ?

Easiest way is get a Tseries 22spline t40 or 50 bellhousing and use it on the ae7box. Also use tailshaft from ae7 + possably diff if theyre different

AE7 bellhousing will be worth some $

If you want to swap shifterpos. of the gearboxes that can be done. Ill post a link to a howto I made a while back

Edited by tojo2

Nice work tojo2 :)

Have seen some sort of blown ae86 gearbox conversion by swapping the split case housing section from a

ta22 but there's some trick with the front seal so it doesn't leak? Not sure if it works in reverse though, at least

the shifter housing stays the same if you want the longer version.

Theres 4ag, 3t and 2t version boxes and i think the 3t one has a longer shifter section but with the t series bellhousing,

also the fork setup is slightly different and could be the same on 4ag, can't remember the specifics unfortunately...