Ke30 & Ke55 Diff Ratios

Members dont see this ad

yeah thanks for the help guys :)

I'm just looking to find out what diff ratios came out in AUST models of the KE30 & 55.

This includes wagons,sedans....ect.

If you guys need to know its...........evidence to what diff ratios you can in KE55 & KE30s in speedway (only allowed to use base model diffs) :hmm:

• 2 weeks later...

From my research earlier I found that;

KE30-55 Auto had 4.3

KE30-55 Manual had 4.1

KE36 Manual had 4.5

KE38 Manual had 4.3

KE30's ran Jap diffs whereas KE55's had Borg Warners.

Also, i'm not sure whether I remember if you were building a Corolla junior sedan, but if you are coming close to registering it, register it as a KE30 or KE35; it leaves you open to more diffs, as you can get into complications fitting older diffs on a newer car legally under Junior Sedan guidelines.

Anyways man, see you on the track.

Dan

• 1 month later...

hi i just finished juniors or might as well have and i have a corolla which wwe r selling, with them u can run 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, 4.5 diffs and the 205 and 225 gearboxes, also u are now allowed to use the big port head again, with datsuns you can run 3.9, 4.1, and the 4.375 now and the a14 head, not too sure bout the manifolds but i spose you have to run the 1400 exhaust manifold. this rule came in just after the state title because the scrutineers have no idea what they are talking about and the charades are probly cheating but no body knows anything about them so its making it harder and harder and more expensive for use datsuns and corollas.

basicly you can run anything that bolts into the hole in the way of diffs now.

btw my corolla is for sale and my datsun 1200 motor.

we are lookin at 6500 for the corolla, it comes with front ends, struts, heads, springs, carbies and bits of them, 2 waggot cams, 4 gearboxes, theres 2 205's and 2 225's, diffs, 2 4.5's 1 is in it and 1 the pinion is pretty worn out from alice springs, all it needs is a diff guy to tighten it up.

the datsun motor has 4 seals on the head and 3 on the sump from just after the state inm 2005 where it got 3rd and 5th in murray bridge, i dunno if that goes with the other sunny thats for sale tho :D

if your interested, give dad a call on 9572 6102

cheers guys

That ruling is only for WA tho as far as i know because at alice springs the shit hit the fan even after we called them up bout 3 months before making sure alice springs wasnt going to wind up like murray bridge with a whole load of corollas runnign 3.9 diffs, they sed na there wont be ne of that and when we got there at hte drivers meet they told us that ke55 could use 3.9, 4.1 that was it when a 3.9 doesnt come out in a ke55 :) same with the gearboxes. the 205 (thats the 1 u use for longer 2nd gear) comes out in a ke35, and they sed that the ke 30's and 55's fouldnt use them, but the rule says that the gearbox and diff has to be from a ke3x series so ... wats the go haha.