My 3Rd Ke70,maybe I'll Finish This One!

oldie

• 3 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad

Hey all,haven't had a lot of time on this but still plodding along,found a few more bits and pieces,picked up a winder mechanism for the front and rear doors,drivers side.fixed up the rust around the boot lid corners,the usual location,fabbed up and welded in some new sections and a small hole in the roof,still to sort out the petrol flap but its proceeding slowly,got the wheel arches to finish and bog once all the welding is done.Seriously need 2 dark blue door panels for the drivers side front and rear and a drivers door window, then interior will be complete, still a bit more rust to deal with,its all getting there slowly,not pic worthy as nothing looks any different.

• 1 month later...

Ok, haven't posted for a bit but still working on it,slowly,as health,time and $ allow.Have basically finished the rear quarter on drivers side,just a bit of fine tuning and then prime it up and move on.Took a lot to get it straight,or close to,half a tin of bog but most of it is now on the driveway,anyway,will put some pics up soon with more info.Pete.

• 1 month later...

Yes,I'm still working on it between 3 other projects so no time really to post pics or updates but anyhow,have been stripping and preparing drivers side for prime and paint,will just work my way around and lay on an initial base coat of color to protect all the body prep then will lay on a final coat or two in one hit. Converting the boot lock to cable release and removing the key/filling key hole.Just want to work towards getting everything painted one color so I can reg it,then I might really start messing around with it,between the other projects,who's going to pay any attention to a 50+ putting around in an old ke70,no matter whats under the bonnet..as long as I behave myself,we'll see.Another update probably in a couple of months again!

who's going to pay any attention to a 50+ putting around in an old ke70,no matter whats under the bonnet.

My philosophy entirely!

If you're that busy with so many projects you would have to be retired! I remember the good ol' days of working each day and having plenty of time to do nothing in between..

Not retired,forced out of work by an injury but no compensation so can only do a little bit at a time as I save up,should have just concentrated on 1 project at a time but they all have their benefits and I can go from 1 to the other as the feeling or finances takes me. And at the moment neither is taking me very far!

Three in two days WOW! I was looking today and decided that rear flares and standard front guards just did not work so decided to rectify the issue.The reason for the second pic is that I felt the guard was a bit floppy with the edge gone so wanted to give it a little re-inforcing before I bog it up...

post-14709-0-15845700-1400478565_thumb.jpg

post-14709-0-44714300-1400478582_thumb.jpg

Edited by oldie