1Nz-Fe Swap Questions In A Ke-70

DAISTEP

Hi Rollaclub members. i'm a new member here and so happy to be a part rollaclub.

I got some questions since I can't find any swap of 1nz-fe into a ke-70. Need to know that if it's possible to swap it into a KE70 with a 5speed tranny which i don't know what will fit and will the engine work on a Keinhin Flat CV carby?

Suggestion and link of whome did this kinda swap would be really appreciated.

Members dont see this ad

Gee thats a stretch. There is no rwd tranny available. Its gutless. Why bother?

Anyhow, anything is possible, but you would find a 4age goes better and has a bunch of parts available to do it easily. Id suggest starting there.

A 1NZ would need a custom bellhousing, clutch and flywheel, mounts, sump possily and not be able to retain the stock ecu without a shit tonne of wiring.

Why the 1NZ?? Not the most revvy engine with a bore of 75 and a stroke of 85, although it is one of the new low-fuel usage motors.

How about a 2ZR-FE, 1800cc and still uses less fuel than a 4K. It would be more fun to drive for the same amount of work.

Neither will have a gearbox that has RWD configuration, and you could fit Keihins to any motor if you don't want the computer to work. They would probably stop the ignition system working actually, you will need the ECU to get spark and the ECU probably needs the injection system running.

All too modern for me I'm afraid.

Yeah the thing I live in Karachi Pakistan. And the poeple here who has a 4age motor is costing me 70,000Rupees (710.29USD) which might be cheap for you guys but it's ain't cheap for me. Founded 1nz-fe without tranny and computer for 15,000Rupees (152.2USD) Which is dirt cheap. Just wanted to know if the swap is gonna be successful or not. Thank you for suggesting that 1nz-fe will be a no go for me. @Altezzaclub: 2ZR-FE are very hard to find in the junk yard (sher shah). I was thinking of spending 70,000Rupees (608.82) on 4k engine. Done alot of reading on this forum like bike carby head work like skimming,port & polish, valve shims for higher lift, dual springs on a 3k head because it will increase the compression.

Ah- the killer with the modern motors is the ECU to produce spark, especially with the coil-over-plug ones. The old system of a distributor is terribly inefficient, but it doesn't need a computer. You could run the 1NZ with some aftermarket computer that just does the ignition system, but that would cost more too. Then the gearbox would kill it anyway...

The 4k would be the way to go unless you can find a more modern RWD motor and gearbox together, like the Nissan SR20 or the 3SGE. Can you get a 5K from a van over there? The extra 200cc would be nice to have. How about a 3Y? Still a tractor motor but it is RWD and was produced long after the K motors.

Yeah i can find 5k. but what if i just buy the pistons and bore out the 4k block. 3y engine would be easy to find and cheap but haven't read about it.

Sorry for not telling you about my self.

My Name is Syed Abdullah Mohsin. Fully crank head and piston banger. but have very few experience with automobile. I Once worked on my Suzuki Swift 92 Gti G13b which was a B#@#TH. I am here to gather information about 4k mods and KE70 because my father owns his 82 Ke70 for as 25 years and still going hard! That's where my inspiration and love for KE70 came from. And the 4k mod idea would be awesome for me because i want to respect the car and the company toyota. I want to go fast but the problem is me. I have very few experience, I hope you guys don't mind sharing me The sites of those guys who has done a fastest 4k engine build.

Ah well, start with the 4K as you said-

I will try to get Richo's 345K running in late June and we will see what happens when you bore a 4K block to 5K pistons and fit a 3K head for more compression with a Tighe cam and a single DCOE Weber...

Those mods are all easy to do and not too expensive.

• Upvote 1