Fitting Neg Offset Wheels To Ke35

Hey all,

First post. Got myself into a KE35, interest mainly lie in early german and big yank tanks but got this car in a swap and thought I might have some fun with it. I got a set of work equip 01s off the site in R14x7JJ -2 on the front and R14x8JJ -2 out back with 175/60s all round.

Just wondering what I'll need for clearance to get these to fit? I read another thread with a guy fitting in 14x7 with 0 offset on with only 5mm spacers at the front but I would just like to ask for advice for anyone whose done this already to save me the hassle of buying different spacers, etc.

Thanks in advance, great site!

Members dont see this ad

Yes I did, I'm glad I don't need spacers, I wanted to avoid that if necessary. Once I get through the pits I'm gonna chuck those on. I got a set of the 50mm lowered king springs and will get the rear reset. I'm hoping I don't need to lip and roll the guards much as I was intending to keep a stock body. But considering I've already committed by buying the wheels, I heard the TE27 lips are the way to go?

What do you guys reckon?

10338294_10152835544835558_239247108622942378_n.jpg?oh=bf8a0bc300ac765f77c9d041db425755&oe=53729B2A&__gda__=1399983121_bde2a321f0d7ac128779b23b4153d5d5

• Upvote 1

well its got some new 175/60s that come with them that i was hoping to run for a while before going to something with a lower profile. I think that should do the trick for now?

Now, one question for the Melbourne guys, where's a reasonable place to get the rear reset around inner Melbourne?

• 3 weeks later...

You shouldnt need any spacers at all on the front. Should only need to lip and maybe roll the guards a bit. Did you buy Spencers Works?

just an update for reference for anyone in the future looking to run -2 in the front, the wheels will not clear the calipers, you'll need a 5-10mm spacer to make it work.

On another note, anyone got spacers for sale?

Had to look around for wheels to clear the calipers on my '75 KE35 back in the day. Using later model calipers (ended up with KE70 calipers and discs) should give more clearance.

Ended up with 225/60r13's on the back of mine with the lips rolled and about 30mm of suspension travel. Had no issues with scrubbing.

original jap spec calipers had a dirty big stiffening rib that used to hit the the rims. Aussie delivered cars had a different caliper from memory. Mentioned KE70 as I ended up running them as I had them on a wreck already.

Thought spaces were illegal......