Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

A Couple Of Q's About 7K Into Ke35

Featured Replies

Havent tried it myself but have read that A40, w50, w58 share length and outputspline.

fairly reliable Source.

 

Some different unis around so not sure if you can swap yoke over. Could be lucky tho

  • Author

well i got her in this morning! It fit in using the 3k mounts but just sits 5mm high on the engine mount bolts but should be ok.

post-17848-0-48967000-1405225951_thumb.jpg

post-17848-0-00665400-1405226046_thumb.jpg

post-17848-0-22907400-1405226216_thumb.jpg

HI looks like you are over the worst of it Ihave been running a 7k in my ke15 sprinter for 10 years has k50 and no problems driven sensibility the sump mod was the big issue slot the holes on the water inlet on the head using the orig of 4k using orig twin carbs off sprinter we go to sydney for NRMA Motorfest AUST davs get round 40 mpg BRIS to SYD I fitted a high ratio diff centre which helps hope this helps CHEERS LOU

  • Author

whats that about the water inlet Rolou? Is that just slotting the holes on the inlet housing? your not wrong with the sump being a pain in the arse, i took a template of the 3k sump and took It to work but took a couple of tries. I fabbed new gear box mounts to hold those extra kgs today. I know it's overkill but I'm going a w5#. I picked it up for less than I sold my k50 for. Next jobs hydraulic clutch(got a master cylinder from a 40 series cruiser), cut and shut extractors, and tail shaft

post-17848-0-02989100-1405411443_thumb.jpg

post-17848-0-29287700-1405411559_thumb.jpg

Tas was right about the inlet manifold but it's simple and looks better than the 7K one. With regards to the sump. As the engine is a stroker I used the 7K sump. It hits the cross member on the left hand side so a small section must be removed. With the motor upside down I cut a piece of cardboard so the lowest conrod rotated without hitting the cardboard then I cut another piece of cardboard to go into the half round section of the first piece. Using the second piece , it will give you how much to cut out of the sump.

 

Cheers

 

Lou

  • Author

I'm using the 7k thermast housing but what's this hose I'm pointing at? do I blank it off? tomorrow I'm having a crack at rebuilding the twin 40 dcoe webers I just picked up. does main jets 138, air jets 190, emulsion f64-f47, idle jets 59f21, pump jets 35 sound like a good starting point? The carbs came off a 22r so I reckon the jets in it at the moment will be to big. They've got 33mm chokes. hydraulic clutch is just about done

post-17848-0-01342700-1405755865_thumb.jpg

post-17848-0-43846800-1405756131_thumb.jpg

  • Author

It's a 7kc. Would it be to do with all the emissions crap in the original carb?

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.