A Couple Of Q's About 7K Into Ke35

tils101

Members dont see this ad

HI looks like you are over the worst of it Ihave been running a 7k in my ke15 sprinter for 10 years has k50 and no problems driven sensibility the sump mod was the big issue slot the holes on the water inlet on the head using the orig of 4k using orig twin carbs off sprinter we go to sydney for NRMA Motorfest AUST davs get round 40 mpg BRIS to SYD I fitted a high ratio diff centre which helps hope this helps CHEERS LOU

whats that about the water inlet Rolou? Is that just slotting the holes on the inlet housing? your not wrong with the sump being a pain in the arse, i took a template of the 3k sump and took It to work but took a couple of tries. I fabbed new gear box mounts to hold those extra kgs today. I know it's overkill but I'm going a w5#. I picked it up for less than I sold my k50 for. Next jobs hydraulic clutch(got a master cylinder from a 40 series cruiser), cut and shut extractors, and tail shaft

post-17848-0-02989100-1405411443_thumb.jpg

post-17848-0-29287700-1405411559_thumb.jpg

Tas was right about the inlet manifold but it's simple and looks better than the 7K one. With regards to the sump. As the engine is a stroker I used the 7K sump. It hits the cross member on the left hand side so a small section must be removed. With the motor upside down I cut a piece of cardboard so the lowest conrod rotated without hitting the cardboard then I cut another piece of cardboard to go into the half round section of the first piece. Using the second piece , it will give you how much to cut out of the sump.

Cheers

Lou

I'm using the 7k thermast housing but what's this hose I'm pointing at? do I blank it off? tomorrow I'm having a crack at rebuilding the twin 40 dcoe webers I just picked up. does main jets 138, air jets 190, emulsion f64-f47, idle jets 59f21, pump jets 35 sound like a good starting point? The carbs came off a 22r so I reckon the jets in it at the moment will be to big. They've got 33mm chokes. hydraulic clutch is just about done

post-17848-0-01342700-1405755865_thumb.jpg

post-17848-0-43846800-1405756131_thumb.jpg