No Indication......

1dirty30

So as you may have guessed my KE30 is falling apart at an alarming rate and as the title suggests my indicators have packed up. no idea why. They just stopped. The switch works and sometimes it will light up for a second but overall nothing.

fuses? wires? anything?

Members dont see this ad

Hi Conah,

If they work very ocassionally then it's probably not the fuse or wiring. Most likely the dreaded light switch assembly.

Most of us have had it go on older Rollas. Most second hand ones that work, might not for long, as they meet the same fate.

Get hold of an aftermarket one.

Here's a thread on Rollaclub I posted with my experience with the after market ones.

http://www.rollaclub... light switch

Cheers Banjo

Edited by Banjo

Sort this out yet?

Ive had similar issues. This is what I did.

wiring diagram.

disconnect flasher

using a multimetre, read the voltage on the appropiate wires with blinker switch dis-engaged/engaged.

Disconnected battery, resistence check on flasher/blinker wiring including cobination switch to eliminate dodgy wiring/bad connections.

checked globes and sockets. Made sure sockets wherent corroded/rusty with possible shorts. Cleaned them anyway, light spray with WD40, wiped away excess. Checked them afterwards with multimetre. Replaced iffy globes.

I have an early KE30. My flasher unit was the same one at the top of the this page http://www.rollaclub...ke36-panel-van/

I tested it on the bench with a 12v power supply and globe. There are 2 relay/flashes contained within. I resolderd all joints , replaced the caps, still didnt work. From memory I think there is a varister inside, perhaps that was stuffed. Who knows. Couldnt get it to work and I opted for using 2 tridon flashes. I checked the tridon website diagrams before purchasing as there are a couple of different types, depends on application.

Edited by Killar_of_giants
  • Upvote 1

@killar_of_giants: Funny enough, i did that today and the flasher was quote "ʞ©$ɟed". so Ill hit up Break and Transmission/call toyota tomorrow. repco didn't have shit.

So can you buy new ones from anywhere? or can it be replaced/upgraded with something newer?

So you've definatley got the same flasher as the one in the link? http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/13434-wtb-flasher-unit-for-ke36-panel-van/

I don't know if you can still buy originals from Toyota. I'm guessing they would be pretty pricey if still available. I very much doubt you'd be able to buy an aftermarket one but you never know.

I used 2 Tridon 'HD13' and 2 fuses. I didnt want to cut the original loom at the time, I retained the socket. I also bent the yellow spade connecters a litttle so they wouldnt work loose from the connector.

IMG_4760_zps7ed9751a.jpg

IMG_4761_zpsf4417e35.jpg

I just went to an auto electrician. charged me $40 all up. I don't have hazards now, but i don't need them for a WOF in NZ so thats cool i guess. Also the indicator is now silent. :)

cheers for your help mate.

at worst I could buy another and just hook it up for the hazards.