Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Turbo Manifold And Turbine Housing

Featured Replies

Hi all,

For my 4agte build I'm aiming for 200kwatw (with scope for more) and want the quickest response and spool from my turbo, looking at the gtx3067r with the .61 t3 divided as that's the smallest I can go on the gtx30 frame, now the question I have is can I run a non divided manifold with the divided housing?

Any advice on housing size and how they respond would be good to know. Only going non divided mamanifold for ease of external wastegate, would only have to run one rather than two and trying to plumb it all plus the cost!

Gday mate,

yes divided turbos can be used on an undivided manifold though you might lose 100-200 rpm of response, which you probably wouldnt notice anyway.

Just my 2c but ive heard from a lot of guys that the gtx series don't really live up to the hype, for all their fancy billet wheel goodness some dyno comparison have shown little to no extra peak hp gain (a little more midrange though) compared to the older Gt garrett series turbos. If you can afford it, thats not to say its not worth trying but for the $700-800 price difference i wouldnt personally choose a gtx turbo. I ran a gt2871r for ages on an rb20det nissan cefiro which was very responsive and made about 250hp at 15psi, could have safely run more.

While i like Garrett usually, also worth considering is the new Borg Warner EFR series, competitive on price and lots of guys making good hp with them.

This guy has a Borg Warner EFR 6258 on a 1.6 mx5 , so same engine size as you, making 270hp(201kw) on 12psi.

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=415639

 

http://australia.vividracing.com/catalog/borgwarner-turbos-m-830.html also a fraction cheaper than the gtx at $1950 ish depending who you buy through (gcg has them listed at. $2200)

 

Anyway have fun, should be a blast compared to NA 4age,

Jes

Hi mate. Gt3076 is the wrong turbo. You would be over 5000rpm before you have full boost!

 

With your power goal of 200+kw @ wheels the best turbo would be a gtx2863. Use a .63 rear housing and you can use an internal gate too if you like. It will have great response and can go well beyond your power goal.

Edited by oh what a nissan feeling!

  • Author

I'm not looking at the the gt3076.

I'm looking at the gtx3067 with a .61 rear divided/twin scroll housing. So with the smaller housing I would have quicker spool. And when you say full boost, how do you know what psi I'm going to run? I could have full boost by 3500 if I ran low psi, but you know that's pointless! Haha

I wanted to go external gate for ease of tune, that aside I guess it's a 400hp turbo vs 500hp turb...

 

Edited by Twincam16seca

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.