5K Questions (Yes I Did A Search)

pozza123

Long time reader first time posting!

I'm unsure if this is in the right place but here we go anyway

I've been looking into putting a 4k head onto a 5k block, I've done some searching and i couldn't find any confirmed information as to what lifters and push rods that are needed. If anyone has this information that would be amazing!

Also I was winding if this combination of parts will work together Soni don't waste money on something that I don't need

5k block

4k head with rocker gear

4age pistons and rods

from what I've read holden solid lifters and datsun a12 push rods soul work but not confirmed

Any info would be appreciated

Thanks

Members dont see this ad

I have a 5k block with no head and plenty of 4k heads, 5k stuff isn't easy to find here

I've purchased some 5k "o" dish piston instead of the 4age stuff because I think I was being silly

Surely from what I've read "o" dish pistons and a 4k head will up the compression

Depends which 5K you had. The deep "D" dish piston has a head wih no combustion chamber really, the shallow "O" dish pistons ran with a combustion chamber about the same as a 4K I think, about 31cc. if you put a 4K head on top of the D-dish pistons you will drop the compression, and on top of the O-dish it stays about the same.

The O-dish itself contains 6cc, which drops the compression compared to the 4K's flat top pistons.

You'll have to measure, or find the volume online, of the 5K head you had. Then you can use an online compression ratio calculator to compare the 4K and 5K heads.

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/70614-5k-head-4k-block/