Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member And My Te51

Featured Replies

This is my 1978 te51 corolla in Iowa. I'm a new member to the site, and very new to classic imports.I'm sure I will have many questions, but will try to find my answers using the search button. A little info on the car: 1978 te51 I found in the "back row beauties" of a local Ford lot. They told me the original owners wife traded the car off after he passed away. They also told me the car was redone about ten years ago and sat in the old guys garage. Hope you all like it, and hopefully I can find the info I need to get the car running correctly again. It has the original 2t-c and automatic

post-23001-0-07840600-1432798025_thumb.jpg

post-23001-0-01432400-1432798062_thumb.jpg

post-23001-0-05592000-1432798102_thumb.jpg

  • Author

The blue one got me thinking I could actually make this little car pretty cool. I just picked up a wide set of wheels for it today, just gotta get rubber and wait for my vacuum advance to come in. Hope all is well after that again! I really like the liftbacks myself. Idk what it is, but if it's small and has a hatch style trunk, I want it haha

The TE51 is by far the nicer body shape compared to the lift back. The Japanese domestic GT model came with the 2TG.

 

Yours looks to be a good base for a few well considered modifications!

Wowzer the coupe looks awesome. Welcome to rollaclub.

 

don't be afraid to make new threads asking questions as that is the purpose of this site. But have a quick search first as you will probably find something of use pretty quick.

  • Author

Thanks for the compliments. I couldn't resist buying it. It's in fairly good shape, found a wide set of 5 spoke wheels for it this weekend for $20 haha. Just ordered a set of new tires to go on(175/50r13), so I'll have to put up a couple pictures when they are on. as of right now I believe I need a new egr and a carb kit, other than that everything elce is going well with it. Have a big car show every year in October and I want it there

Part number comes up as common across KE/TE 3x to 5x but nothing else. But you could look at other cars from the period if you find one

 

25620 VALVE ASSY, EGR 25620-26020 (08/1976 - 07/1977) 1 $289.77 25620-26021 (08/1977 - 07/1978) 1 $289.77 25620-26050 CAL.& H.A. 1 $286.33 25627 GASKET, EGR VALVE 25627-26010 2 $1.11 25690 MODULATOR ASSY, EGR VACUUM 25690-26020 1 $95.96 25690A HOSE(FOR EGR VACUUM MODULATOR) 90445-11013 1 $9.96 25691 BRACKET, EGR VACUUM MODULATOR 25691-26010 1 91611-40820 *** STD. PART $1.11

  • Author

Awesome thank you much! Kinda spendy but that's alright. It has a tube by the valve cover that goes up into another brown valve that is plugged rock solid with carbon and I can't get it out. And I'm afrade that the bolts will break off. They did on the thermostat neck and had to drill out what was left and tap in net threads

I wouldn't get too excited. I would be fairly surprised if they were still available new. Main point is that knowing the part number allows you to check cross applicability across other models, and unfortunately you are limited to old uncommon models.

 

But then that's what makes them interesting......!

Having said that, I plugged the part numbers into a part buying website in japan that I use a lot, and the Calif version came up (others don't)

Toyota 2562026050 $USD147.87 weight 0.42kg Parcel from Japan

 

Doesn't guarantee availability, but you can lodge a formal query without committing to buying. They will then confirm actual availability. Would be worth checking the gasket etc too. Worth a try. Postage is usually very reasonable also.

 

http://www.amayama.com/search?region=315&q=25620-26050

  • Author

Got the wheels on today, need to get bolts for the center caps. And try getting rid of a little wheel gap... But it dosent look too bad, I'm liking it so far

post-23001-0-64846200-1433665626_thumb.jpg

post-23001-0-37673600-1433665657_thumb.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.