August 25, 201511 yr Author comment_699608 My understanding is that there were 151E's (1600) and 152E'S (2 litre) that were produced in Japan and the 151E was fitted to the car that won in Finland. I assume that as TTE was a fledgling operation in those days, they arranged for Schnitzer to develop the engine for them. Schnitzer then and now were a tuning business. If you look at "Lakes 5" above, there is the comment that the 2 litre engine was to go into the Celica, as it wasn't homologated for the Corolla. The following season TTE's efforts moved to Celica's Of interest, the guy who apparently owns the original 1000 Lakes TE27 now, has uploaded the homologation documents that came with the car. You can see them here: https://www.flickr.c...s/23909393@N04/, complete with chassis number. Edit: there are also some rather interesting photo's. Schnitzer went on to develop wild Turbo engines for RA Celica's for the German DTM series Edited August 25, 201511 yr by parrot Report
August 26, 201511 yr comment_699612 I'm sure I read somewhere that Schnitzer developed the heads, but I can't find a reference. Report
August 28, 201511 yr comment_699690 replica of the 1975 Hannu mikkola te 27 at midnightsun rally 2012 and a clip from 1976 http://motormavens.com/tag/hannu-mikkola/ Edited August 28, 201511 yr by tojo2 Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now