Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wheel Hop

Featured Replies

My KE35 used to axle tramp bad, but I was running a 225 wide rear tyre. My KE20 never really axle tramped, even with a similar engine set up and tyre size.

  • Author

I have a link suspension set up an the rubber bushes were replaced with polyurethane,I also have a Detroit locker in a m75 diff with 235 17" tyres at the rear

 

Sounds like the springs are too stiff for the shocks to control. Slap in some softer springs and try it, then a different set of shocks and see if it still does it.

 

Diff head angle also has a role to play I think, it needs to start below horizontal and screw itself up to level under power.

On a similar note, i found my ke70 rear hopping when going from flat out in 3rd, back to second under brakes on the track.

 

Although all bushes need replacing, i dare say what you are advising Altezzaclub is the issue i have. Falcon spring on stock shockies

  • Author

My original springs were quite soft so I tried replacing it with stiffer springs but still no good, its just on the launch or on 2nd when trying to get traction that its a pain in the ass but if you just wana have fun and let it spin through all the gears then its all good

  • Author

Didn't try shocks as yet but it looks like the only thing left to try

 

 

Didn't try shocks as yet but it looks like the only thing left to try

 

A black art, one that I don't know enough about.

 

Talk to as many guys in the pits as you can and find someone who builds shocks, I reckon the chance of best outcome from an off-the-shelf unit is pretty slim. We are lining up Murray Cootes for the next rally car, I think MCA is the top of the list for motorsport currently.

  • Author

Thanks for the help guys,will keep you posted

 

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.