Wheel Hop

candyman

Members dont see this ad

Sounds like the springs are too stiff for the shocks to control. Slap in some softer springs and try it, then a different set of shocks and see if it still does it.

Diff head angle also has a role to play I think, it needs to start below horizontal and screw itself up to level under power.

On a similar note, i found my ke70 rear hopping when going from flat out in 3rd, back to second under brakes on the track.

Although all bushes need replacing, i dare say what you are advising Altezzaclub is the issue i have. Falcon spring on stock shockies

My original springs were quite soft so I tried replacing it with stiffer springs but still no good, its just on the launch or on 2nd when trying to get traction that its a pain in the ass but if you just wana have fun and let it spin through all the gears then its all good

Didn't try shocks as yet but it looks like the only thing left to try

A black art, one that I don't know enough about.

Talk to as many guys in the pits as you can and find someone who builds shocks, I reckon the chance of best outcome from an off-the-shelf unit is pretty slim. We are lining up Murray Cootes for the next rally car, I think MCA is the top of the list for motorsport currently.