August 7, 201610 yr comment_705828 Anyone know what engine, a K series head with ID number 39 (in casting between spark plugs 3 & 4), was fitted to ? No 39 is not listed in the Wiki. It is currently fitted to a 4K engine, I was looking at this afternoon, which has a few issues, one of which appears to be very high compression (about 180 - 190 PSI per cylinder). I'm suspecting it might be a 3K head on a 4K block. The engine runs on badly & is "dieseling". The engine is also fitted with a 3K dizzy. It has what looks like a carby without a fuel cut-off solenoid, so I suspect it might also be off a 3K. Don't know the history of the engine mods, so it's a bit hard to make a call, without stripping it down & working through all of it. Thanks ! Cheers Banjo Edited August 7, 201610 yr by Banjo Report
August 8, 201610 yr comment_705833 I had a 3k with that head casting, i found a thread somewhere indicating that it was from a 3kh which means high compression, but it think this only apply's to the block. I hope this helps. Also does it have a Welch plug at the back it could be an early Big port. I hope this helps Report
August 15, 201610 yr comment_705907 i have a 75 ke30 with a 3k-h motor all matching numbers and the number i have stamped in the spot you said is 19 not 39 not sure if this helps but thought i post it up anyways Report
August 15, 201610 yr Author comment_705910 Thanks Sean ! All helps. I note that 3K head ID no 19, does appear in the Wiki, but not 39. It definitely is 39; it is not a "typo". We might have to whip the head off & take a look see. Cheers Banjo Report
December 27, 20169 yr comment_707602 Well???? What happened with the mysterious head #39???? This is as bad as Game of Thrones...start reading a story line...get interested in it....and it just stops! Plus...this made me look at mine #24010-200, and according to the wiki it's a 3K big port "without" water jackets. What does that mean? It DOES have water circulating through it. Edited December 27, 20169 yr by CorollaNut68 Report
December 28, 20169 yr comment_707614 Water outlet in the manifold mounting face for water cooled inlet manifold. Report
December 29, 20169 yr Author comment_707624 Never did get a chance to get the head off this car & CC it, as the Rollaclub member young lady who owns this "moded" 4K in a KE20, uses the car as a daily drive to work, and can't really afford to have it off the road. She has advised that she has recently had a weber & electronic dizzy fitted. She is bringing it around soon, so I'll get to see what the result was. Sometimes, a too high compression ratio, can work against you, and you don't get the result you expect. I expect that is what happened in this case. Cheers Banjo Edited December 29, 20169 yr by Banjo Report
January 3, 20179 yr comment_707661 Sometimes, a too high compression ratio, can work against you, and you don't get the result you expect. Cheers Banjo Yes, yes it does! Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now