November 5, 20169 yr comment_706824 Howdy all, i got a TE71 Liftback(like this one: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/VRw0mqTqP9I/hqdefault.jpg), it´s an 1981 model so it´s a "1 series". I´ve been doing some things the car needed, and now i´m starting my "real project", a fun car for an ocasional sideways fun. One thing i noticed was the gears are a bit long wich doesn´t help much for what i want/need, i checked my diff ratio by counting the turns and it´s a 4.1. That said, is there a diff(only the pinion) that will fit plug&play and gives me a shorter gear ratio? Pardon me, but my technical english is very poor... Thanks in advance. Report
November 6, 20169 yr comment_706825 T series diff's had many different ratio's TRD made 5.6, 5.3 (i think) 4.78 (still available) http://www.palmside.co.nz/product_cid_10929.html AE86 Zenki is the same center, ratio's were 3.9, 4.1, 4.3, 4.5 hope that helps Report
November 6, 20169 yr Author comment_706826 It´s a start, sure it helps! I just hope i find one of those in EU, because ordering from NZ...lol, it would take more than a month to arrive here, and shipping... :\ Report
November 6, 20169 yr comment_706832 Get onto aeu86.org This is a Euro based site with an active buying selling forum. I doubt you will have any difficulty finding a 4.3 there, and probably even shorter ratios. Report
November 6, 20169 yr comment_706834 I just looked then, you need to be registered to see the member for sales, but it is a good group and I'm sure there will be other TE71 owners there for you to learn from Report
November 6, 20169 yr Author comment_706835 Alright parrot, thank you. I´ll be here also because from what i can see in google, this is the forum with the most info, but i will sure check that one to see if i can do business over there ;) Report
November 6, 20169 yr Author comment_706854 Hi tojo2, i looked and there´s nothing written on it(at least that i can see), is there any way of knowing that just by looking at the casing? Report
November 6, 20169 yr comment_706855 Yes, you can measure from input flange to housing flange. S : 195mm T : 225mm http://www.club-k.co...d.php?tid=24477 Also, should be stamped on alu I.D tag on firewall Saw there`s a good S series r&p set for sale in finland at the moment . Probably wont find lsd for it tho. S : 8 stud housing flange T: 10bolt housing flange Edited November 6, 20169 yr by tojo2 Report
November 7, 20169 yr Author comment_706874 Alright tojo2, i´ll have a look at it probably this week. Thank you :) Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now